2 moto conchos killed in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

james

Jan 14, 2002
I had heard a few days ago (Tueday) that a drunk lawyer from POP ran over 2 moto conchos in Cabarete killing them. I have not seen any other news about this. A witness said the front of a BMW was covered in blood and badly damaged.
Any news on this?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The normal toll

I had heard a few days ago (Tueday) that a drunk lawyer from POP ran over 2 moto conchos in Cabarete killing them. I have not seen any other news about this. A witness said the front of a BMW was covered in blood and badly damaged.
Any news on this?

"Otra de las victimas fue Kelvin Cuello Hilario, de 27 a?os de edad, el cual resid?a en el paraje La Ci?naga del distrito municipal de Cabarete. Este muri? al sufrir una colisi?n en la motocicleta NC-125, color negro, con el Jeep BMW, color gris, placa G207108, conducido por el abogado Jes?s Salvador Garc?a Tallaj. El accidente ocurri? a la altura del kil?metro siete y medio de la carretera Sos?a-Sabaneta de Y?sica, a la entrada de la comunidad de Bombita."

Among a total of six dead in that report.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I find it ironic that a lawyer would break the law.

No sensationalism here but there have been some arguments about wearing helmets , which I will admit are safe but not if you have been hit at 60mph or run over whereby a helmet is useless.

The helmets here are made of cheap plastic which provide little saftey whatsoever!

I have read a statistic that there are about 1000 motorcycle drivers killed each year in the DR and I am statistically minded so I am curious of the actuary tables of anyone that does not drink while not wearing a helmet on a motor bike that ends in a fatality.

tranquillo johnny

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
While I think there's no question helmets save lives, in general, I think enacting and enforcing safety equipment laws would save MANY more lives, and not just the lives of the moto drivers. The number of motorcycles, scooters; and cars and trucks for that matter, without headlights and/or rear lights is mind-boggling. I think it's safe to say that this is a huge cause of many accidents and ultimately, deaths on DR roads. If they did road blocks looking for missing lights vs. missing helmets/papers, they could save hundreds, if not thousands of lives a year.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
While I think there's no question helmets save lives, in general, I think enacting and enforcing safety equipment laws would save MANY more lives, and not just the lives of the moto drivers. The number of motorcycles, scooters; and cars and trucks for that matter, without headlights and/or rear lights is mind-boggling. I think it's safe to say that this is a huge cause of many accidents and ultimately, deaths on DR roads. If they did road blocks looking for missing lights vs. missing helmets/papers, they could save hundreds, if not thousands of lives a year.

You nailed it.

Throw in the fact that in the evening most of the motorbike drivers are drunk makes it ten times worse. There is also another influencing factor, the very high confidence that cars will see them and give way (as they were there first after all). The latter is a cultural phenomenom (also seen in various other manifestations - in a nutshell, I got here first - give way or wait until I'm done) with somewhat deadly results at times - even when no alcohol is involved.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
totally agree to that.
back to the first posts,
in one is stated 2 motoconchos died,
so what's with that other post which states a 'total of 6 deads'?
does somebody know how that accident happened anyways?, who's fault it has been?
Mike

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I considered buying a few boxes of tail light bulbs, to give out, but then I realized they would all be sold within an hour for a Grande vs being installed.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
I would be really interested to hear what becomes of the "abagado"
Were it a gringo that killed 2 moto conchos there would be a couple of very wealthy families in La Cienega.
Given the fact that the perp is Dominican and a lawyer makes this a very interesting case.
Please keep me posted.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
why???
if the guys where sons of a important family they would not drive "motoconchos".
if the lawyer killed them the outcome should depend on "who's fault" the accident/killing has been.
does nobody have a link to a article or any first hand notice about how that incident happened?
just the writings "2 motoc's dead after touching a BMW" really tells absolutely nothing and is worth exactly that.
Mike

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
why???
if the guys where sons of a important family they would not drive "motoconchos".
if the lawyer killed them the outcome should depend on "who's fault" the accident/killing has been.
does nobody have a link to a article or any first hand notice about how that incident happened?
just the writings "2 motoc's dead after touching a BMW" really tells absolutely nothing and is worth exactly that.
Mike

What he is saying is that the families would have become rich if the driver was a extranjero. Gringo pays, regardless if the motoconchos, were drunk, driving on the wrong side of the road.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
DrMpe,
i don't answer to such,
life is too short to waste it on such wining.
DonP,
thanks for the link,
now the stuff get's a face.
and that means that most posted on the bords about one incident been just the stu.. summary of many incidents running 'panics', blowing up lil stuff to something which doesn't exist.
reading that article of the p[rovided link shows nothing else than a usual long 'feriado' weekend with the usual idiots of drunks or without lights driving motorbikes(heck, that one bike hit a burro on the road in the dark and the driver even got lucky to not get killed, just hois passenger).
i don't understand what that heck is all about,
starting threads with topics like "lawyer killed ..." and "2 motoconchos killed..." aso.
i wonder that a long vaca weekend in a wide area like POP did not produce more dead nutheads, the news show only 2 drown persons, not so many years back we had over 200 persons in hospital or dead only here in lil Punta Cana on a easter weekend. and never any of 'em died by a heart attack or similar "normal" desease.
isn't there something important or of interest out there to write about?
Mike

I would be really interested to hear what becomes of the "abagado"
Were it a gringo that killed 2 moto conchos there would be a couple of very wealthy families in La Cienega.
Given the fact that the perp is Dominican and a lawyer makes this a very interesting case.
Please keep me posted.

What makes him a perp it was an accident and those morons on those bikes drive like retards. I just had one of those morons run into my rental and then think he hit lotto!!!! Until he was told by the policia that he was going to be put into jail because he had no paperwork for bike or a drivers license.

Feb 7, 2007
back to the first posts,
in one is stated 2 motoconchos died,
so what's with that other post which states a 'total of 6 deads'?

DR reporters/journalists very often like to group several things in one article and even in the same headline. So "DNCD seizes 5 pounds of cocaine, arresting 5" is, actually DNCD arresting ONE with 2 pounds in SD, ONE with 3 pounds in POP, and arresting ONE at night in San Francisco's colmadon with 1 portion, and ONE motoconcho with 2 "bolsitas" along with ONE unexpecting motoconcho's passanger getting arrested along the way. So a total of FIVE arrest with FIIVE pounds make the headline, one thinking a group got busted with a big cargamento...

Status
Not open for further replies.