not visa /residence

K

Kathy

i have made an error i am trying to obtain residence since 1996 in the domincian republic and i believe i have all the neccassary documents now but am unable to get answers please help!!!!!!!!!!!

F

Fabio J. Guzman

When did you file your application? Before or after the new Fernandez administration was sworn in August 1996? The new government cracked down on "quickie" residences done in a couple of days without complying with the legal requirements. One of these requirements is that the applicant must obtain previously a residence visa. Did you do this? Also, how did you file your application? In the U.S. or in the D.R.? Many applications filed at Dominican consulates abroad were lost in the woodwork. Sometimes because the old consuls took off with the money! Did you file your application personally or through a lawyer? Do you have a receipt or file number?

K

Kathy

unable to read your web page would like further contact with you. in regard to my papers being filed everything is dated feb. 1996 and i have them they would not accept them at the time or give me an appointment i was giving a total run around. thanking you in advance kathy

p.s. your response with a better address is needed. thank you

F

Fabio J. Guzman

My e-mail address is guzman.ariza@codetel.net.do. My phone number (809) 571-2880. Website: www.drlawyer.com.