Las Galeras/Samana phonebook? Trying to find Bancroft's room rental

J

JD

Hello, we're looking for a nice inexpensive place to stay on the beach in Las Galeras, Samana. In Harry Pariser's book, "Explore the Dominican Republic," (1998, p. 276), he mentions that the Bancroft's rent out a room at their place at Las Galeras (on Cala Blanca I believe). However, I do not have their phone number (the book only gave the fax number, which did not work). This is a retired English couple. With only their last name and approximate location, can anyone suggest how to find them in short order? If not, any recommendations of other inexpensive places to stay in Las Galeras? Thanks, JD

T

Tracey

Hi-I just read your message about the Bancroft's in Las Galeras. They are friends of mine-they're names are John and Ingrid. They have a beautiful home on the beach. They do not have a phone and they probably are using the local fax machine at Codetel. They do however stop in at Kim Beddalls of Whale Samana for messages there once or twice a week. Kim can be reached at the office at 809-538-2588, or at home usually past 8pm at 809-538-2722. She will be able to give you more info about the Bancrofts and the room they rent. Plus you can leave any message for them with her I am sure. Hope this helps you. If you need any more info please email me at tracjose@netcom.ca. I lived in that area for almost 15 years. Take care. Tracey

J

JD

Thanks so much Tracey. I was able to reach the Bancrofts via Kim Beddalls. So kind of you to help me.