Going to Punta Cana this Saturday

CarlaSc

May 12, 2009
Me and my three adul children are going for our first trip together, I also saw the weather reoprt and I am thinking of changing plans, What is with the weather raining all week
Thanks Carla

lins150

May 13, 2009
I am also heading to PC and would like to know if the rain is really as bas as the weather networks predict? Does it rain all day or is there some sun?

Thanks!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Yes we have had alot of rain, but there are some sunny spells when you wouldnt have guessed it had been raining at all.

However May does tend to be a wet month here and we are in the tropics so its a gamble.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Laura,
sorry, but i disagree,
aside of some pouring due to this time typical vaguadas,
May and June are very dry and calm.
perfect sunny beachday months without the higher humidity of the summer months.
we had rain last wednesday afternoon, a side effect of a vaguada passing south of the Island towards the west,
we had many clouds but dry on thursday,
we've been sunny again on friday.
yesterday/saturday been a beautiful sunny beach day, also completely dry,
today we have a mix of clouds and sun, but still dry.
there is a waterload moving at this moment south of the Mona Channel eastwards, that's where today's clouds come from.
i guess for that the eastern wind will steer tonight to a SE'erner and die down, bring rain tonight, maybe still some clouds the first half of sunday.
then we go sunny again,
very calm, wind should stay even under 6knots,
flat Ocean, so even the northern PC hotels in Uvero Alto should get a swimmeable beach surf.
running towards the new moon may 24th i do not expect to get any winds or such in.
looks like an other great beach week,
wished i would have the time to enjoy it this week, lol.
aside of the nearby passing vaguada on the south the east coast looks clear of disturbances/rains/winds aso.
welcome to the sunny side of paradise
Mike

ozzy101

Apr 13, 2009
Well it's raining now 0944hrs, and has done every day this past week. Last May was also a wet month over this part of the Island.

cheers

O Z Z Y

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thing is about tropical rains, is that kids go out and play in them...if you are on the beach you get just as sunburned if it is cloudy or not, rain or not, believe me. Sunscreen is a must!! SPF 30 is fine if re-applies often.

Never worry about rain...it comes and goes...

HB

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Well it's raining now 0944hrs, and has done every day this past week. Last May was also a wet month over this part of the Island.

cheers

O Z Z Y

Ozzy,where in PC are you to get all this rain?
i spent the whole day yesterday with the participants of the sportfishing tournament i am holding here this week, at the Palladium and aside in El Cortecito sitting on the beach and here in Cabeza de Toro at the Marina, btw i live here in Cabeza de Toro right on the beachfront, 30 meters from the veranda to the water, and out of the usual nighttime showers i did not see any rain since last week wednesday.
Mike

geezerpl

May 23, 2009
Hi from flooded Hotel Catalonia Bavaro (Cabeza el Toro). Many ground floor suites have been flooded and lobby area too. Half of the beach is gone. Disaster and it's not even a hurricane season! Tragic weather since we arrived last Tuesday. Worst spent hard-earned money in my life. 5 days gone with 4,5 days of rain, t/storms or heavy clouds. Not using any sun block since Thursday and I am fine. Plus it's colder than Canaries last year this time...hotel extremely boring when no sunshine unless you eat, drink and sh.. all day long.

ozzy101

Apr 13, 2009
Ozzy,where in PC are you to get all this rain?
i spent the whole day yesterday with the participants of the sportfishing tournament i am holding here this week, at the Palladium and aside in El Cortecito sitting on the beach and here in Cabeza de Toro at the Marina, btw i live here in Cabeza de Toro right on the beachfront, 30 meters from the veranda to the water, and out of the usual nighttime showers i did not see any rain since last week wednesday.
Mike

Bavaro/Punta Cana, I am in Mexico at the moment, but the girlfriend has told me there has been heavy rain since I left.

cheers

O Z Z Y