Dominican Domain Name Registration

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
I'm curious if any dr1 users have registered a .com.do domain. I've been checking out the pricing and I'm finding it a little outrageous. After looking at four or five offerings it appears the average asking price is around $200 a year just for the name. A little steep compared to the usual .com cost.

If you have registered one what did you pay and what company did you use?

Thanks,

DL

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I'm curious if any dr1 users have registered a .com.do domain. I've been checking out the pricing and I'm finding it a little outrageous. After looking at four or five offerings it appears the average asking price is around $200 a year just for the name. A little steep compared to the usual .com cost.

Thanks,

DL

I have not yet used this service but will very soon, therefore after a lengthy search I believe this to be the best deal out there.

N S . N I C . D O / NIC.DO/Home
[12:57:04 PM] Kuzma: The tariff for the registry and maintenance for two years of any domian name is $USD 70.00 or $RD 1,750.00, and $USD 35.00 or $RD 875.00 per year for maintenance after the first two years of registration.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
What is the advantage to having a "com.do" as opposed to a regular ".com" ?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If your looking to attract the local market, then a country domain can help you in SEO terms. e.g. Google look at TLD country extension and server location and although not 100% confirmed, factor that into their ranking algorithmic.

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008

Thanks,

DL

Its really easy to do, go to Nic.do

Fill in the form online and click submit.

You now have the domain (reserved for 30 days til you pay)

either fax the credit card form sign, or transfer the money. They will email you with the info after you register the site.

Easy. And $1750 pesos, $51 (ish).