flights tickets from DR to Montreal for tourist visa

Sunwise

*** Sin Bin ***
May 6, 2008
Hi everyone!

A friend of mine is coming next july to past the summer here. The question is: does he have to buy the return flight ticket? He doesn't know the date yet and he doesn't know if he will go back to DR or just go back directly to university in US... he just know that he will probably go back in august... When I called Air Canada, they said he needs to know the date now and buy the return flight with them to US or DR... But is there a possibility to buy an open flight and to cancel after? I heard about that one before... Did someone passed throught that experience once?

Other question: did any of you had any problems to get the tourist visa for Canada even after you have been traveling a lot before in the USA and you still are a full time student there?
The ambassy told him to apply and that he doesn't need any invitation from me, just the address. But I know that they love the $$$ coming from applications... and it seems so hard to come here compare to the USA.

thanks!

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Hey...
I Know a Return Ticket is not requiered but Proof of Onward Travel is..so a Flight/Bus/Train Ticket to the USA will do as far as Canadian Immigration Goes
Yes its extremely hard for an average Dominican to Get a Canadian Tourist Visa..I have found this to be Hit or Miss..Sometimes the fact they have traveled to the USA helps other times it doesnt.
A couple of friends of mine have gotten Tourist Visas to Canada but this has been usually to go on a Tour of Canada and not to visit friends or anything like that.The Dominicans I know who got tourist Visas to Visit friends were usually older retired individuals.
Best Of Luck