ONAPI - Name registration

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Today at 12.30pm I went to ONAPI (Oficina Nacional de la Propiedad Industrial) to register the name for a product (Registro de marca). The office is located on Ave. Los Proceres #1, next door to Intek University. As soon as I got in the door I was received by the receptionist who immediately took me to an agent. He reviewed my papers and sent me to make copies and take all the documents to the cashier for payments.

Seriously, in 3 minutes I had all the documentation processed, paid for and was out the door. The employees were all very friendly and super quick. I was very impress to say the least!! :cheeky:

The process takes 15 working days to have confirmation that the name can be used with a cost of $4117 pesos and after the 15 days you have to pay for the publication which is less than a $1000 pesos.

Documents needed:
Letter to ONAPI stating your name, address, cedula number, name you want to register and description of logo (colors, typeface, design) and what it will be used on. Also include color copy of logo and copy of your cedula.

The process can also be done online: ONAPI: Portada

Feb 7, 2007
Yes, ONAPI is very efficient and is nice to deal with them, they processed my commercial (business) name in 2 days and everything was done online.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Registration online

Can this site be shown in English? I know there is a site to register your business name that can be converted to english. You add your logo on this site, upload your id and you pay online as well. It tells you if your business name is available and the registration costs about 100.00us. Or is this a different site?