Dominican baseball documentary!

roadtothebigleagues

May 18, 2009
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pass along that there is a new film about baseball in the Dominican Republic that's worth seeing. The film features superstars David Ortiz, Vladimir Guerrero and Hanley Ramirez but it also tells the stories of a couple of young players that have dreams of one day playing in the major leagues themselves.

Check out the trailer here!

Buy Road to the Big Leagues on DVD Today!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
The trailer was great. Loved the dog running with the boys down the baseline.

Look forward to checking it out. Makes me miss the place.

Do they have steady electricity down there yet?

roadtothebigleagues

May 18, 2009
If anyone ends up picking up the DVD please let me know what you think about the film and the "EXTRA" scenes. I am the producer of this film and we'd love to hear any and all feedback.

Hope you enjoy it!

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
I just watched it, rented it off of Netflix, and really loved the movie! I wished it was twice as long, but I'm sure as an independent film there had to be some limits on it, but overall it was wonderful, and I plan to buy a copy for my home DVD library! Great work!

roadtothebigleagues

May 18, 2009
Hi MB2,

I am glad to hear you liked the film. Yeah, I agree, I think the film could be a bit longer but we needed to stick around 1 hour to make it attractive for television. We are definitely mindful of this so that's why we put about 30 minutes of extra scenes in the DVD (extra scenes with Ortiz, Carlos Gomez, Licey etc..). Did you check those out? I think this helps really round out the DVD. Anyway, in the end, this is such a fascinating subject that you could dedicate hours and hours to it.

Thanks again for watching!

adiaz43

Jul 28, 2008
Just saw the documentary. Great Job! I did not know about the DVD features, will browse through it now.

roadtothebigleagues

May 18, 2009
thanks adiaz43,

Glad you liked it!

Have you guys seen SUGAR? It's amazing how similar some of the scenes are. As you can see in Sugar (and ROAD TO THE BIG LEAGUES touches on it as well) most guys never make it to the Bigs. Those that do have to get through a lot.

All the best!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Roadtothebigleagues-

I am a fan of films, and I believing in supporting the people that make documentaries such as yours.

I've seen "Sugar" and enjoyed it very much.

Can't wait to get my hands on your film next. I'll be ordering it this week.

And thanks for coming on the site and telling us about it.

roadtothebigleagues

May 18, 2009
Hi Berzin,

Thanks for the support. I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the film too!

All the best!

Roadtothebigleagues