all encompassing excursions

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
afternoon guys

having a bit of a 'mare finalising all our planned excursions from sosua into the two weeks on budget. lots of research done and finding dual activities cropping up..... i.e. we want to try horseback riding, visit waterfalls and do one of the outback safaris... yet we've found different outback safaris that include both, but seperately, or not at all. Confused? that's where I am right now!!

Some has been easy; Ocean World a no-brainer for example... but am struggling with juggling the remaining few preferred individual activities into as few actual full excursions as possible. This is what we're wanting to do:

Horseback riding
see beautiful waterfalls
one of the remote island visits for snorkelling
a 'monster' truck thing for 'real life' (schools, rum production, cigar factory, other local culture stuff)
visit real life alligator enclosure
some form of ocean going ride (speedboat, catamaran etc)
Caves
an aquarium

If one excursion could offer ALL the above in one day would be ideal, so if anyone can advise as few seperate excursions as possible that'll cover all the above, would be a great help, thanks!

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Excursions

Hiya,

We have always used a company called Isaira Tours based across the road from the Iberostar Costa Dorada. All the staff speak English & Martin Espinall (the owner) goes out of his way to make your excursions special. Just google Isaira Tours or Martin Espinall and you will see there are plenty of really good recommendations for him & his company. Mail him through his website & tell him what you want & he will make the excursion up for you.

I only suggest Martin because we have always used him & found him to be honest, reliable and above board in all our dealings with him & his staff. We will be using him again at the end of June when we are "home" again.

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

wakefrank

Jan 28, 2008
you could check with NJOYtours (NJoyTours), ask for Katja and they can arrange a custom made excursion program that suits your needs,, from horseback riding, rum factory or cigar makers to deep sea offshore fishing and snorkeling. or just waterski and tube rides. They offer all!
Tell them Frank said a big HI from Holland!

greetz and have a blast!

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Not sure when you are coming but the weather for the last 4 or 5 days has been overcast with showers at least once during the day. You may want to wait until you get here because tours aren't canceled due to rain. Some of the tours would be a drag on rainy days. If you don't mind the rain I've seen tour companies put signs out with reduced prices.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Today is overcast but things can change and the sun will come out. It is low season and the beginning of hurricane season. You will still have a lot of fun and it's warm regardless. If it was me and I was coming for 2 weeks I would wait to book tours til I got here.

Status
Not open for further replies.