Gay and in SD

wildnfree

Jun 14, 2005
Hello all,

Ive just arrived in SD from La Habana, Cuba )where i currently live) and will be staying here in this city a few days. first, let me say how quiet and tame are the domincans compared with cubans, who speak much faster and shout all the time. That was my first impression.

Well, im currently in the zona colonial, but i would like to ask what are some basic things a )gay) tourist show see or do here SD. ..everything is quite discreet here..are there places to meet guys and chat? Or do gay guys here do park cruising and such things because they have nowhere to meet?

Any help? Also, how does one get to those places...is there regular guagua services?

Thanks

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
well

Hello all,

Ive just arrived in SD from La Habana, Cuba )where i currently live) and will be staying here in this city a few days. first, let me say how quiet and tame are the domincans compared with cubans, who speak much faster and shout all the time. That was my first impression.

Well, im currently in the zona colonial, but i would like to ask what are some basic things a )gay) tourist show see or do here SD. ..everything is quite discreet here..are there places to meet guys and chat? Or do gay guys here do park cruising and such things because they have nowhere to meet?

Any help? Also, how does one get to those places...is there regular guagua services?

Thanks

If your in the Colonial Zone start at Grands (Paco's) there you will find lots of like minded people.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
If you are in the colonial zone then you are in the center of it all. Most of the hangouts are in the Zona Colonial. For the bars, my favorite is Jay-Dee's. CHA is good too, but that's on the malecon away from the colonial zone. The Cine Lido on Av. Mella is great too for something different. I've met some great guys in there. I always make a point to visit at least one night when I'm in Santo Domingo and I always leave with a smile on my face.

Yes, some park cruising goes on but you will only find hustlers. This is dangerous here and I don't recommend it at all!

dc2000um

Feb 8, 2008
Foreigners Club Hotel (Casa New York)

Does anyone know if this hotel is still open? I heard rumblings that the manager, Daniel, had been fired and the hotel was up for sale. Can anyone confirm?