Help, PR visa to Canada

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
at least youve got some news. We passed one year and they dont even contact us. When i send email, they dont answer... Is it strange?

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
coco, you've gone a whole year without hearing anything from the immigration office??
Are you sure all of your paper work was submitted correctly and that you were okay'd as sponsor, etc... If I were you I would try and investigate further into this. I know you have to be patient and people often go months without hearing anything, but I think a year is a little long...

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
Yes im sure of all of you said. Weve been accept one month later so 10 of june. HAiti opened the file the 24 of october and the agent looked only the 10 of december. Since that, NO IDEA OF WHAT ITS GOING. Each time ive called, they dont want to answer me. When i email, they dont respond. They only email me once to tell me to keep the originals of proofs for the interview of my husband. But they dont tell me much. So we dont know if it was an general email or if they wanted to tell us that we will have interview. They also sent in the same email that they know that were are waiting but each case is different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since this email, no news. i cant imagine how ill feel if they dont call us for the interview of june.:ninja:

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
I suggest you order the CAIPS notes. Here is a link with information on the CAIPS notes and the type of information you will read about when you receive your CAIPS notes. If you don't already know, they are notes from your file and anything that has been recorded in your file, the next date it will be brought forward to be looked at, any questions they may have about your case (which will be helpful to know if you are required to have an interview).
http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/84374-ordering-caips-notes-re-immigration-canada.html

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
its already done since the end of april. But i dont receive it... im waiting. All seem to be very strange. Even the man of my government cant have no information with our case cause im calling him once a month (like he asked me) but he didnt tell me more than the infos that i told you. It seem that they dont even looked our case since december... is it posible? Is it normal if we dont have the june interview? Cause im pretty sure that they will give us too the 90 days. So.... I would like to spend next Christmas with my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we dont have it, then we will have the septembers interview with maybe the 90 days. Well we will get an answer in the end of december and will have to deposite the passeport and wait again. Im I negative???

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
It's a very difficult situation to be in. Everyone's situation is completely different so it's hard to know what is going on. Some people are okay'd and their spouses receive a visa within 6 months and others have to wait well over a year. It could be something they see challenging in your case or it could simply be the officer you have reviewing your case is slow and unproductive... it's difficult to say.
I don't know if this is correct, but I recall reading something that said it could take up to 6 weeks to receive your CAIPS notes?? So hopefully you will receive them in the next few days and will get all the answers you're looking for.
Good luck and even though it's difficult try to remain positive and believe that you will have your husband with you soon. There are a lot of people on here going through the same thing as you so don't be afraid to use them as a support! Not many people know what it's like to go through what you're going through so the more you talk with them the better you may feel about everything in this very confusing, frustrating, long situation.

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
thank you tink23 for your advices and support.

If anyone passed one year too,please let me know.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
You can look on the uncompleted timelines for canadian immigration as well as completed timelines for immigration because I know there are a few people who have timelines over a year. One of whom I know her husband has been granted his visa and just has to redo his medicals before they will officially grant the visa. So check out the sticky on Uncompleted timelines for Canadian Permanent residence visas.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Coco55,

It is not unusual for them not to answer the phone - and they will tell you that they cannot give information out over the phone.
It is not unsual for them not to answer emails either. If you read the information on their website it says that they may not answer at all.
Did you fill out the use of Representative form with the application? If you did not, then they cannot give you any information...and even if you did again they may not respond. And yes it's very frustrating!!!

I would take it as a postive sign that you received an email regarding the interview - even if you didn't get a date. That happened to someone else and eventually they did get the notification with the interview date.

If you have already been to your MP and they haven't been able to get any other information and you have ordered your CAIPs notes then I would think you have done what you can for now.

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
Well i checked the completed and the uncompleted but... were the only one. Its seem that no one passed throught this. :bored:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
thank you tink23 for your advices and support.

If anyone passed one year too,please let me know.

I looked at your timeline;

Coco55

Married: April 28,2008
Application Sent to Mississauga: May 9, 2008
Approved as Sponsor and papers sent to Haiti: June 10, 2008
Processing in haiti: October 24, 2008

Seems that you are on the same timeline as others that had interviews in April.

They would contact your husband ( hope I have that right) for the interview date. Are you sure they have the correct contact info for him? His Phone number, address etc?

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
Well yes they have the right number cause ive done copy of my documents and its ok.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
coco55,

I was in your very same situation a while ago and I saw the light at the end of the tunner OUT OF NOWHERE!!!! I gave up all hope of hearing from anyone after sending 10000 emails, calling and contacting my mp, faxing... you cant even imagine... but after they know that it has been enough, they will finalize the case for you. trust me, I know why I say it. I was in your very same situation and my wife is coming June 6. I will be posting my timeline soon after my wife gets here.

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
caredbl84, i think you have wait a lot but its not the same cause you had news from haiti asking proofs and documents. It would be easier for us to have a email of haiti asking for something because for the moment we dont even know if they checked our case.:ermm:

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
if they havent asked for proof is because they dont need to. they usually take a look at the file and ask what they need right away and then make you wait

Johana

May 24, 2006
Coco55,

it's not that you have heard nothing - as you got an email regarding an interview.

They do not ask every one for more proof of relationship. If they haven't asked you then consider it a good sign.

I can't remember which poster mentioned that they got notification that their spouse would have an interview but it was several weeks before they got notified of the interview date. Maybe they haven't decided which days they will travel to Santo Domingo yet and that is why they can't tell you a specific date for the interview. I think you will just have to wait until they contact you.

Hang in there - I know how hard the waiting and not knowing is.

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
they have not once asked us for more proof of the relationship. i assume this is a good sign, since a genuine relationship is the basis for granting the visa, correct?

unfortunately they just keep asking for tedious documents, and repeat documents to fill some information gaps. I think they just need to cover some extra bases since we are common-law, and that's a pretty huge thing to claim. But it seems they aren't questioning the legitimacy of that at all.

You never know Coco, you might hear something sooner than you think! In this process, I believe no news is good news!

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
I was thinking too its was because they didnt know when they will do the interview but i got this email (no signed) the 8 april. If its like that, why my h usband didnt get the interview of april??? Now we know from the ambassy that the next interviews are at the end of june, i wonder if we will have this one...