Robbery Alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
There has been a recent spate of robberies or attempted robberies. Three in the last week!
A popular bar near Casa Marina Sosua, :paranoid:had money, booze and cigarettes stolen after iron bars to the stock room were partially cut one night ready for the actual robbery the following night at about 3 am. The owner recovered cigarettes; booze and empty cash box from a nearby empty lot the following day. This was the second time this bar has been robbed in the same manner in the last few months.
A second robbery took place also in El Batey, when bars were prised off a window in broad daylight about 3 pm a few days ago. The thieves got jewellery of great sentimental value and other items as well.
The third to place earlier in the week with an attempted robbery in Perla Marina when 4mm glass was smashed in broad daylight during the heavy thunderstorm. The dogs in the house frightened the thieves off with no losses. The damage to the door was considerable.
This is written with personal knowledge of the victims, to alert others to this spate of robberies mostly during daylight and sometimes the robbers prepare the scene a night or two before.
Three incidents in one week suggest that there is a sudden increase in this type of crime and all appear to be by separate parties that had knowledge of the movements of the owners and took advantage of the situation to help them selves ? so be warned.

Olly :paranoid:

Mar 2, 2008
Thank you, Olly. It is important to know all the information you provided.

Forewarned is forearmed.

But no one should forget that the robbers also learn from their mistakes and collective experience. They won't stop doing what they do.

It is up to each and every one of us to be as prepared as possible, to disseminate pertinent information, and to assist each other when necessary.

Reactions: mike l

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Damn, i used to live in Perla Marina for over a year and felt safe there, things are bad when thieves are coming into "gated" communities now. I know Andy's restaurant (next to La Passion) had been recently robbed too.

B

BettyDiamond

Perla marina is open to the beach at the back so it would be quite easy to by-pass the guard on the entrance...Ive also managed to get into sea horse ranch via the beach and not been challenged although I understand I was lucky from what other people have told me.
I think thieves have always come into gated communities , just not so many and mostly unreported

Mar 2, 2008
"Ive also managed to get into sea horse ranch via the beach and not been challenged although I understand I was lucky from what other people have told me.
I think thieves have always come into gated communities , just not so many and mostly unreported"

BettyDiamond

Betty,

I hope you weren't violated when you entered Seahorse Ranch. I've heard stories, and at your tender age, I would hate for you to undergo such a traumatic experience.

Please be careful in the future.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
"Ive also managed to get into sea horse ranch via the beach and not been challenged although I understand I was lucky from what other people have told me.
I think thieves have always come into gated communities , just not so many and mostly unreported"

BettyDiamond

Betty,

I hope you weren't violated when you entered Seahorse Ranch. I've heard stories, and at your tender age, I would hate for you to undergo such a traumatic experience.

Please be careful in the future.

Yes, Betty's frail heart may not withstand that.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Dear Betty,
Perla Marina is protected from the sea by PPSG and they are present on the shoreline. Now that Breezes has ceased business it is a concern for people on that side of Perla Marina especially in Sol De Plata Gardens. PPSG , run by the Russians- is a good security force not in the pocket of the local Dominicans but they have their weakneses. We suffered a bit from that but our dogs were up to their job and repusled the invaders - the phase " on guard" has meaning for them in it that they will attack anybody who violates their space. Our dog is big at 130 libre - pound and he has mate who yaps incesantly. something you do not want to see coming out of the dark.
I hope I dont have to go down to the police station to explain how my dog has injured or killed someone in our house.
Best Wishes

Olly

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Perla marina is open to the beach at the back so it would be quite easy to by-pass the guard on the entrance...Ive also managed to get into sea horse ranch via the beach and not been challenged although I understand I was lucky from what other people have told me.
I think thieves have always come into gated communities , just not so many and mostly unreported

very true, and even into the developments you mentioned... generally hush hush.
perhaps a signal plan is needed - 1 if by land, 2 if by sea?

tsg

Mar 25, 2007
A friend of mine got robbed three nights ago here in El Batey. He lost his guitar, watch, phone and laptop. If any of you is offered a 17'' Pachard Bell laptop with a Scandinavian keyboard, please let me know.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
With all these robberies, even in gated communities, are there any recommendations for additional security systems/ measures to take?

Can anyone give me some links to security companies on the North Coast? I had some good links before, but can no longer locate them...

Thanks!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
With all these robberies, even in gated communities, are there any recommendations for additional security systems/ measures to take?

Can anyone give me some links to security companies on the North Coast? I had some good links before, but can no longer locate them...

Thanks!

security systems are easy to get by (for example a power outage)...

try the Doberman or Rottweiler Security System.....:paranoid:

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
security systems are easy to get by (for example a power outage)...

try the Doberman or Rottweiler Security System.....:paranoid:

I'd considered that, however I don't plan on LIVING there for any longer than 3 years really.

And I would feel awful to get a dog and leave it behind. I loooooove animals (especially dogs) and to me it's like getting a new family member.

Also, if someone is that determined to get in and has been watching the place there isn't always the "poisoned meat" thing? That I've heard of happening quite a few times in the DR. I would rather the cut my alarm system, and get away with a few things than kill my dog!!!!:ermm::paranoid:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Hi this is Olly again
I should have taken my own advice - they always come back - tonight between 4:30 and 8:00 pm another attempt was made to break in but this time the dogs were ready and all that the thief managed was to tear the fly screen and open the fly screen door half way .The dogs were in the garden this time and not shut in the house so it must have been a swift escape and someone who was not expecting dogs in the garden. It shows that you are being watched all the time. Nothing stolen and just small damage to the fly screens.

Lets hope ther is not a third time!!!

Olly

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
Robbery warning..el batey..they are very bussy at the moment

Robbery warning..El Batey..they are very busy at the moment..

2 nights ago they broke in into 2 apartments here...i live across Rocky's..from me they stole everything like money and golden necklaces...weird is they only went in the bedroom and not went or searched the living room where my laptop is and tv and other stuff and my doggies where in the living room too..they forced the patio doors...another fact is that that day/evening i went later out in the afternoon and came back to change to go out...so i was back home for 30 minutes...they broke in between 8.30 pm and 10.30 pm...and obviously where disturbed and not afraid for the dogs..in the other apartment they stole cell phone and money too..and again weird...their laptop was visual as well their cameras and other important stuff...
We and the police think they came true the bathroom windows (open with no glass of El Flow their platform is attached to our property..so we think they left the laptops cause they needed to go back the same way...
Anyway i hope they do not return cause we where all upset..and i am fine and lucky me some friends in town are helping me out..thank you folks...i will survive i hope this month....

So PLEASE PEOPLE be aware indeed that you are being watched and that they are going around in town..

Be safe all! and have a good weekend.
Coralia

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Hi this is Olly again
I should have taken my own advice - they always come back - tonight between 4:30 and 8:00 pm another attempt was made to break in but this time the dogs were ready and all that the thief managed was to tear the fly screen and open the fly screen door half way .The dogs were in the garden this time and not shut in the house so it must have been a swift escape and someone who was not expecting dogs in the garden. It shows that you are being watched all the time. Nothing stolen and just small damage to the fly screens.

Lets hope ther is not a third time!!!

Olly

Olly,
If you believe it's the dogs that thwarted them & the thiefs are really intent on your house... i hate to say it, but watch for the health/security of your dogs in addition to yourself & household. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.