Re: Barcelo Capella Beach Resort

N

Natasha

Re: Barcelo Capella Beach Resort

Karen,

I haven't stayed there, but several people that came down from the US and Finland to attend my wedding in the DR vacationed there. Aesthetically, the resort is very beautiful, but the beach it borders is not the best on the south coast of the DR. Hamaca, Casa del Mar, and Club Dominicus all have better beaches in my opinion. My guests ALL had a divine time from what I heard, but then again, most were just looking for a nice resort close enough to SD - most came a week before the wedding date or stayed a week after.

In terms of a honeymoon though, this is not the first place that comes to mind. Why don't you look into Samana? My husband and I honeymooned there and I tell you, after having visit 11 Caribbean islands thus far, the Samana peninsula is by far the most beautiful place I have seen (not that I am biased or anything - most people here know that I am Dominican ;-). If you're looking for a mid-sized resort, then I would recommend El Portillo Beach Resort (they have a website). Other than this, there are plenty of small inns and hotels - El Marinique, Club Bonito, La Tambora, Villa Serena. If you want a little more luxury, then I definitely recommend Villa Serena. My husband and I honeymoomed at a place called Gran Bahia Resort. We had a fabulous time, but recently, we saw a negative review of it, so...

Of course, this is just food for thought :) But I'd definitely suggest Samana over Capella, as a matter of fact, why don't you also consider the Riu Merengue near Puerto Plata, or the Punta Cana area - Melia Paradisus for example. Look for extensive reviews of resorts at <debbiesdominicantravel.com>

Hope this helps,
Natasha

N

Natasha

Re: Oooops...

Don't know what happened there, but the reviews are at:

debbiesdominicantravel.com

Regards,
Natasha