My Domincan Friend is he a sanky???

american chica

May 24, 2009
After getting home from my trip from the DR, I am wondering if I met a sanky panky. I was originally supposed to be in cancun the weekend of May 15, but my family and I opted to go the the DR instead. The first evening there I noticed a gorgeous man at the disco while i was on the dance floor and he obviously noticed me. In the beginning when he first approached me he thought i was dominican... as everyone on the resort did. We danced and that was it. My cousin that was on vacation with me began talking to him and his brother and the guys exchanged numbers for all of us to meet up and have breakfast the next morning with there family and join them on the beach. I learned from his sister in law that was also there that he liked or was attracted to me. I know enough spanish to comprehend some of what they were saying. Both families, mine and his hung out for the afternoon on the beach and they adopted my cousin as one of their brothers. He and his family were there for the weekend to celebrate his 27 bday. On his last evening on the resort, we exchanged numbers email addresses and promises to keep in contact. He has family in the USA and I also have their information as well. On his return home he also had some tourist he met in downtown santo domingo call and translate that he really liked me and wanted me to return to the DR.... I have been in contact with him since I have been home like everyday... with mostly him calling and texting. He says he owns his own business and is going to have internet service installed so that we can talk more... As far as him coming here... Idk... It will be up to him financially to make that happen. so we shall see if he is a sanky panky.... any advise would be appreciated.

Apr 10, 2006
Was he a Dominican on vacation in the same resort as you? Or did he work there and invite his family that lived near by on outings with your family?

TexasGringo

Apr 27, 2009
Well have you given him any money at all for anything since you've returned?
Has he asked?

If you saw the same guy in a club stateside, do you think you 2 would have been able to get together? Or is he out of your league?

What is the age difference?

american chica

May 24, 2009
We are the same age, and yes IF i saw him in the states he wuld def be my type. and no he has not asked for any money... and if he does that's a big no no for me anyways when it comes to men...

swtness

Apr 16, 2009
I guess just proceed with caution sounds like it could go anyway at this point. Take your time and get to know each other better before doing anything else.

swtness

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I would find it hard to believe that a 27-year-old, good-looking, rich Dominican guy would be single, but anything is possible.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
I'm sorry but I have to be the cynical one here. For the time being, you must for your own sake assume that he could be a sanky.

When a Dominicano or Dominicana shows any remote interest in a Gringo or Gringa, you can be about 90% certain that they are looking for something more than romance. Some are far more subtle and masters of their trade than others, but in the vast majority of cases, the will be something expected in return sooner or later.

american chica

May 24, 2009
as far as him being good looking and being single, the same can be said about me... it's funny how the men here in TN, and MS approach me all the darn time but nothing... i go out the country and meet someone that I am remotely interested in. But he is still a man first regardless of country and language so I know just like the men here he prolly has something somewhere

american chica

May 24, 2009
I know that he wants to come to the usa bcause he told me he applied for a visa 9 months ago and was denied.. being the inquisitive person that I am of coursed I asked why he was denied. He has a family member that plays baseball in miami.. I have his info and looked him up on the net so I know that much is true. I know he wants to come to the us and I have told him that if he can get the money as much as I can do is write a letter and invite him and meet him in mia... but as far as me paying... naw...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I know that he wants to come to the usa bcause he told me he applied for a visa 9 months ago and was denied.. being the inquisitive person that I am of coursed I asked why he was denied. He has a family member that plays baseball in miami.. I have his info and looked him up on the net so I know that much is true. I know he wants to come to the us and I have told him that if he can get the money as much as I can do is write a letter and invite him and meet him in mia... but as far as me paying... naw...

If he has a business, family in the US ( doesn't make much diff) and was still denied, the only way he is going to get there is if you marry him or intend to marry him so be careful if the relationship goes into high speed. That's the only way he's going to get there. If he was denied, your letter of invitation will do very little to help the situation.

He will at some point tell you that he can't live without you at his side and how lonely he's been since you left and he can't wait to see you and be together. He's never met a girl like you before. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
What is kind of strange these days is that someone with their own biz doesn?t have a computer/internet. The colmados in Juan Dolio have internet.
In addition why someone with a good business would want to move abroad unless the biz is selling chimmi.
Be carefull.

Reactions: drloca

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What is kind of strange these days is that someone with their own biz doesn?t have a computer/internet. The colmados in Juan Dolio have internet.
In addition why someone with a good business would want to move abroad unless the biz is selling chimmi.
Be carefull.

Not to mention that anyone with a decent business in DR is usually granted a visa. All my brother-in-laws and all of my nieces and nephews have visas.
Something doesn't sound right.

Does the Embassy give reasons to people when they refuse them?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Does the Embassy give reasons to people when they refuse them?

The usual reason given is that the applicant doesn't have strong enough ties to the DR or they were not able to convince immigration that they would return to the DR when the visa expires.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
...which having a brother in the US might give them "reasonable doubt" that they will not return to the DR if visting the US on a tourist visa.