Sun village hotel pto plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYGIRL82

May 25, 2009
I'm going to sun village hotel and i want to know if this hotel is good?

What places can i go in pto plata?

Where can i rent a car? Phone numbers?the cost?

Last edited by a moderator:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The property is very beautiful but I hope you are in shape because there are lots of steps, its located on a hillside. The company is going through some re-structuring and there have been some reports of some services suffering as a result, but generally this is a good hotel for the North Coast.

Places to go? You have to be more specific, do you mean bars, night clubs, attractions, stores, etc?

You can rent a car at the hotel or at the airport, but are you sure you can handle driving here? Have you driven in a latin american country before, or at least seen what happens?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Its not the best but it is one of the more expensive.

I have been a few times with my family from Santiago for the weekend, and over the last few years I have seen the service and quality go down alot. I have actually decided I wont be going back there. I descibed my visit here: http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/78338-fourth-last-trip-sun-village.html

BTW, I love the Freudian slip you made when you typo'd in the title of your post.

Sorry, I corrected it.

Instead of "Sun Village" the OP typed "Sin Village".

Gregg
Mod. - "The Anti-Freud"

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
In their defense, they seem to have recovered a bit since their management/financial crisis of last summer, I believe MrMike went at the peak of their crisis, in late summer 08, when they fired most of their management and staff.

They have improved or solved a lot of issues since then. But it would be good to hear from other posters about recent experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.