Where to buy good wood & tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Can anyone give me information as to where on the North Coast good wood can be purchased for carving (for artwork) & building small things for around the home?

And on that note, how about good quality power tools, like power drill and circular saw? Or does anyone know of anyone selling used tools like this?

Thanks in advance,

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For things like large pieces you might want to talk to the people at Ochoa and see just what sizes they bring in...

You 'might' find something in the power tool area in the classifieds of the Listin Diario. Otherwise go to Ochoa on Ave. Imbert in Santiago...Basically a one-stop for all of your needs.

Artists also have their sources. i don't know any but the people at Centro Leon do and can probably put you in contact with a sculptor or two...

HB

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thank you for your knowledgeable reply.

I will contact you for further info if needed....and if you don't mind... :)

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Pine can be purchased in Puerto Plata and Sosua. Any other type of wood is only available in Santiago. There is a wood store there that carries many types of wood. On the road that comes into Santiago from Puerto Plata, as soon as you hit the outskirts it is on the left hand side of the road. If there is a place in Puerto Plata to buy wood other than pine I would love to know about it. There are power tools for sale at the large hardware stores in Puerto Plata as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.