casa marina 'open' weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
morning all

is anyone familiar with what days the Casa Marina resort opens up for locals to enjoy the facilities? Is it all weekend, or just one day, if so which? Read conflicting reports of the impact this has and thought it'd be sensible just to arrange our excusrsions away on these days.

ta an that...

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Isn't "local money" just as "green" as "tourist money"? Can't locals vacation there or anywhere else that they can afford to, whenever they choose? It is, after all their country, isn't it?

I really don't understand your question.

If you mean when do locals tend to vacation at CM (or any other resort), that's a very different question.

Please clarify.

Gregg

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Isn't "local money" just as "green" as "tourist money"? Can't locals vacation there or anywhere else that they can afford to, whenever they choose? It is, after all their country, isn't it?

I really don't understand your question.

If you mean when do locals tend to vacation at CM (or any other resort), that's a very different question.

Please clarify.

Gregg

Amen Gregg! I have tried for years that very analogy but for some reason it is one message that seems tough to convey.

I always think that the residents of a country are more "entitled" than the guests and whilst respect should be mutual, WE are in THEIR country.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
probably didn't make myself very clear, and I definately used the word 'local' in the wrong context, apologies. Anyway... i understand (albeit from the professional moaners at TripAdvisor) that one or two days of the weekend the resort lets in non-residents, sometimes to the point of being over-crowded (so I'm led to believe)... like any person in any walk of life, when given the choice of being somewhere when 'busy' or 'not busy', I'll take 'not busy' every time. Got nothing to do with the fact they're locals or whatever.... (again, wrong context) more to do with the fact if there's a chance of missing the rush to do an excursion, I'd rather spend the day/money when the resort is busy then relax when not so.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
pretty much anyone can go into casa marina anytime they want, just pay for a day pass, or an evening pass and you can go in drink, eat and use the facilities.....

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
pretty much anyone can go into casa marina anytime they want, just pay for a day pass, or an evening pass and you can go in drink, eat and use the facilities.....

THANK YOU! Some sense at last... that answers my question; it's not just an isolated day or two, more of a 24/7 thing and the idiots on TripAdvisor and other so-called 'holiday professional' sites are talking ****e.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I don't think I'd state it quite that way; but hey, your thread, your phraseology.

Locals are allowed into any resort at which they can afford to vacation, whenever they want to pay their way. Having said they tend to want to vacation when they have an extended weekend which will permit their maximum relaxation (in their own way) much the same as any group anywhere else in the world.

The best thing to do if you are looking to avoid a crowded resort (of any nationality) is to avoid particularly busy holidays such as Easter, Christmas and New Years. Also try to avoid long weekend holidays like US Thanksgiving and Memorial Day as well as the host of Dominican Holiday Mondays (depending on the year they can be quite plentiful) like those which might be found here: DR1 - Travel - Holidays 2009

I have vacationed when there were and were not Dominican long weekends and while there can be a noticeable influx of guests it never became so crowded that I felt vacation deprived. If you cannot avoid a long weekend the following strategy will minimize the impact of the extra guests:
1) Schedule an excursion for one or more days on that weekend vs. midweek.
2) Spend a day at the resort beach as at resorts most Dominicans tend to use the pool, they have beach access the rest of the year, if they choose to use it.
3) Schedule a dinner at an a la carte as Dominicans tend to use the buffet.

Resorts, like any other business, will try to maximize income but will not intentionally oversell to the point of negatively affecting their client's vacation experience. They might get it a bit wrong on occasion but generally they hit a reasonable balance, IMHO.

Have a great vacation, wherever and whenever you choose.

Gregg

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I think the OP has his answer and has explained that the "intent of his original question came out all wrong" to paraphrase his words from a PM to me.

CLOSED.

Gregg
Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.