Foreigners Club Hotel (Casa New York)

dc2000um

Feb 8, 2008
Does anyone know if this hotel is still open? I heard rumblings that the manager, Daniel, had been fired and the hotel was up for sale. Can anyone confirm?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I received two emails several weeks ago from folks who live in the colonial zone that Daniel and the old staff have been sacked and that the owner hired new managment. They did not say that the hotel was up for sale, but that does not mean that it isn't, and I would not be surprised to learn that it is. I will be there in a few weeks and will confirm if you are still interested.

dc2000um

Feb 8, 2008
Thanks so much RonS for this update. I'll be heading to Santo Domingo next week so if there's any way for you to find out before then that would be great. If not that's ok.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I've been able to confirm that the Foreigners Club is open, but is up for sale.

MarkusL1

May 3, 2004
This is what was posted On Monaga-blogspot

Thursday, May 28, 2009
Foreigners Club Hotel

Got a message from the owner of the Foreigners Club Hotel (formerly Casa New Yorker). A long time employee has been let go, and she wanted to clear up some misinformation. Here is the email:

Hello Anthony,
How are you ? So many people have told me to write to your blog site but I have not a clue how to do this, and I have tried. Anyhow, I did want to thank you personally for sending a guest to my hotel the other day.

Also I have been told that somewhere on your site someone has posted the information that the Foreigner's Club Hotel is closed. If you can ... would you please help dispel those rumors? Or forward this email to your blog site............ is such a thing possible?

Anthony. The Foreigner's Club Hotel is not only alive and well, but has just under gone a head to toe redecorating & major over haul & spruce-up. New King Size Beds , LCD TV's , Redone Roof Deck ....... The exterior is next ... The former guests who have returned have raved about the improved standards. And the best of the regular staff continue the tradition.

The problem is simple - a former employee - who once again couldn't answer questions about significant money missing from the Hotel safe, in a fit of embarrassment , he quit in front of a room full of people .... But now this same employee makes a commission by referring my clients ( he has all their email addresses) to other hotels. If he can get people to believe the hotel is closed ..or whatever - it is much easier for him to get them to go to other hotels.

Thank you for your time. If you can post some/any of this it would be great. If not .. I understand.

Evv

Sep 5, 2009
As I understand it is open? Have anyone stayed there recently? If you could share your experience? The website looks great .... I will be coming to SD end of February. Many thanks, Ev

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Ive never stayed at the Hotel but it does look pretty nice. I have seen it from outside. I saw it advertised on craigslist a while back with an asking price of $400,000.

waltjim

Jan 26, 2010
It's still open

Hello,
I stayed at the Foreigners Club Hotel (Casa New Yorker) in February 2010 and it is very much open. Business as usual. The atmosphere is great because the staff makes you feel at home. It is unpretentious, friendly, and helpful. Great place to meet people, local and tourists alike. As a matter of fact, I met a guy from Ft. lauderdale who was staying there and we went out and met a bunch of locals at the club and we hang out till the wee hours. Needless to say, we had a blast!
The hotel is small, but it makes up with its atmosphere. I will reccomend it to my friends. :cheeky:
ps: Ask for a discount, and you will most likely get it. ;)

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
it's very much open, Juan - the associate of Danny (former manager) is now running the place - same atmosphere, same everything except full breakfast only on weekends I Believe now. Plenty of coffee every day - nice play to stay and lots of friendly folks there.

Craig