Rent Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ablue

May 27, 2009
Hi,
If you work on the hotel area in Costa Dorada what would be the nicest area to live?

How much could a furnished apartment (1 or 2 bedrooms comfortable but not fancy) cost in Puerto Plata or close.

If renting unfurnished is it easy to buy things not to expensive?

How's the cost of living in general around that area?

Ablue

May 27, 2009
Help

I just noticed that there's other posts about cost of living, but I would like to know more about Puerto Plata area.
Where is a nice place to live if you work on Playa Dorada
How much for a 2 bedroom place ( not too fancy just comfortable in a nice place that does not have to be a fancy condo with pool)
2nd hand car ( up to 5 years)
Internet
Eletricity (average)
Groceries in general (any nice supermarket in the area?)
Gas
Beer in a normal bar (average)

Thank you very much guys :)

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
2nd hand car - about 50% more that in the USA. If a car costs 5000$ in USA here that same car will cost you 7500$.

Internet - you will need a phone line too, about 40$ a month.

Electricity - depends where you live. I'd say about 15$ a month without A/C, with A/C way more.

Groceries - Same as in the US, unless it is domestic (platanos, rice, beans...) everything else is same or more. Imported stuff like shampoo, cereals, nutella... is more that in the US.

Beer - depends where, from about 1.5$ to 6-7$.

Rent - no clue.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Rent in Puerto Plata: anywhere from US$34 a month (room in a rooming house) to US$560 a month for a 2 bedroomed furnished apartment in good neighbourhood with security and inverter. There's an ad. for the latter in El Faro dated 22-25th. May 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.