Police captures Dutchman's killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The National Police captured the killer of the Dutch national Jan Versteeg in Procab, Cabarete last February, who also beat up and raped his wife. Both of the victims owned the " Het Kastelje" restaurant.

So far the Police was able to use forensic evidence to link Basonord de Camp, a 26 years old Haitian national who worked as security for the couple, as one of the men involved in the crime.

The man was also identified by the surviving wife, since he was their employee for quite sometime at their home. He was located while hiding in the sector "El Hospital" of the Terrenas. He allegedly kept saying he had just recently arrived from Haiti, but his alibi was shot down as the surviving victim made a positive ID of their home security employee.

The Police are also in the tail of the accomplices of the killer.

Source: Policia Nacional Press Release Boletin.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The Police are also in the tail of the accomplices of the killer.

Source: Policia Nacional Press Release Boletin.

Now THAT must be most uncomfortable for them. I mean, one policeman in your tail (I would imagine as I have nver had one in my tail) would be bad enough, ...... but several policemen???????
PAINFUL!!! :tired: :eek: :surprised ~ Grahame. :glasses:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Places to hide

He was located while hiding in the sector "El Hospital" of the Terrenas.

Thumbs up for the police on this one.

Yet, they were lucky that he was still in the country, one would have thought that he fled to Haiti immediately.
But somehow they feel very secure here...
I was told, that Las Terrenas has a high population of Haitians.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Being Haitian, I wonder if it will ever get to trial. If you catch my drift...

Yes I do and I thought the same until I saw the woman (haitian) that Cheese Cake Bob lived with sitting in a bar a couple of weeks ago in Sosua...:surprised How long is it since he was murdered? 3 years? :ermm:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I hope they take him behind the barn and shot him like an animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam1 View Post

Too good for him, cut off his b*lls and let him bleed.

This is why in my country they insist you have a little education before being made a judge.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam1 View Post

Too good for him, cut off his b*lls and let him bleed.

This is why in my country they insist you have a little education before being made a judge.

Don't know what country you're talking about but even the Hatians that work with me agree with liam1 and me. Hope the cops do to.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I've generally found Haitians in the DR to be pretty ok people and I have to think they'd like to do the cutting themselves as this kind of PR is not good for the Haitian community here.

Status
Not open for further replies.