Hiring Help in the DR...

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
If you are hiring someone to work for you in the DR there are many things that you should take into consideration...

Do's-

Hire someone that has a family, someone who is settled with a wife and children.

They are more likely to be trustworthy and are more serious about raising a family than committing crimes against their employers.

I.D.

Always be able to identify them, Make sure you ask them for identification
and make copies or write documents info into a file and let someone or the police know of the existence of such file should anything happen to you.

Hire legal Residents

Preferably hire legally documented residents as opposed to someone who is in the country illegally with little or no ties to the local community.

Don'ts-

Never hire anyone that is single.... It is much easier for a single man/woman to commit a crime against you and disappear into thin air.

Never trust 100%. Don't flash money or valuable items too much around them.

Never let your guard down. No matter how loyal a worker has been to you
take in consideration that they are liable to turn violent against you when least expected.

Never hire a passer-by unless you have more people with you that could defend you.

Never hire someone when you are home alone.

Never leave doors and windows open, especially at night. And always inspect doors/windows after someone does any work, They may have set themselves up for re-entry to your house at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: alicious

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Personally, I am very "Thankful" for the advise posted by Mr_DR.....

There were a couple of things I did not think of and hopefully it will help to keep me and my family safer.

Don - SantiagoDR

Last edited by a moderator:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
A general comment for those who may have had their posts deleted-

It is nothing personal.

The original thread was edited, and I made sure I remained sensitive and respectful to what I believe many would agree is a good thread that would lead to a provocative discussion.

But the articulation needed a bit of cleaning up so as the main thrust was not lost amidst a peripheral issue that was already taking the thread off-topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I saw the original post last night & didn't respond because I had a feeling the good advice would get subsumed by the nationality issue. I didn't see what happened subsequently but just wanted to say it is a great improvement as it now stands.