Things 2 Do in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janiz

May 31, 2009
Hello Everyone,
I'll be visiting puerto plata in Aug and want to do some fun things while I'm there. Both my husband & I like to fish but I haven't found any info on fishing guides in the area. What about other type of excursions? The only excursion I found was a crazy wheels mud thing... I'm fully bilingual (Eng/Span) so language is not a problem. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks :)

rayleeds

May 16, 2005
Leeds, United Kingdom
monster truck, catamaran, zip lines, cable car, snorkelling, divng, ocean world, caves , horse back riding, shopping POP Santiago, even Santo Domingo, Saona (involves a flight but GREAT) Rio San Juan Playa Grande, Golf.........Try a search for mels Tours or Isaira Tours amongst others and you will see a whole range of things to do in Puerto Plata ;)

Janiz

May 31, 2009
Thanks so much, I'm looking up your suggestions. What about the fishing? Anyone knows any fishing tours in Puerto Plata or surrounding?

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
When I went fishing out of Puerto Plata, I had no luck. Just an expensive boat ride. Out of Sosua is a man named Victor. We had great luck with his boat and we are going again in August. His number is 809-880-5105. Definatley see the Amber Museum, and take the Rum Factory tour, it's free.

hania42

Jun 2, 2009
the best places for fish in sosua

hi there,

if you want to have the best fish in your vacation you must come to the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Also you are going to find the best about Watersports aficionados will also find what they're looking for too. Windsurfing (excellent in the Caberete area), snorkeling, parasailing, sailing, scuba diving and deep sea fishing are all readily available and if you want to enjoy the night there is a tropical party at the Sosua Bay Resort in Sosua town.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.