American woman applying for her Dominican finacee

ninahhh

Mar 6, 2007
Could anyone tell me what documents I, the American citizen would need to file a petition for the I-129f, then the K-1, fiancee visa. I leave to be with him this Thursday Junio 4, 2009. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
I'm not sure what is required for a Dominican to receive an American visa, but here is a forum that deals specifically with Dominicans visiting and immigrating to the US. I'm sure there is a lot of information there as well as many people who will be able to help you if you can't receive the help here. Good luck!
Dominicans to the USA - Index

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Could anyone tell me what documents I, the American citizen would need to file a petition for the I-129f, then the K-1, fiancee visa. I leave to be with him this Thursday Junio 4, 2009. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I was going to suggest you check out this site K-3, CR-1, and IR-1 Visas but I see you've already asked. It is the best place to get info on US visas.

Good luck

I see tink beat me to it ;)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

When I got engaged to my Dominican husband many years ago, he already had a tourist visa for the US but no green card. So I applied for the K-1 visa for him and the American consulate contacted him to drop off his Dominican Passport to them. They then did their 'investigation', which included showing up at my in-laws house asking to see letters and photos of us together and asked questions of the neighbors [if they had ever seen me there, etc]. This is to determine if we were truly a couple or just an arrangement to get a green card. Back then it took about 3 months start to finish, but the finish included me marching into the US Embassy in Santo Domingo to ask what the hold-up was [we left with the visa the same day]. They gave him a temporary green card, the permanent one wasn't issued until 6-12 months later, after another investigation in NY to prove we had married and were actually living together. He became a US citizen several years later. We'll be married 33 years this fall. I hope you two have as good a life together as we have had.