Action against crookes in DR

anant108

Jun 1, 2009
Please tell me I am exporter and I have exported some products to DR, So please tell me how i can take legal action and how i can get helped in DR regarding this.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Please tell me I am exporter and I have exported some products to DR, So please tell me how i can take legal action and how i can get helped in DR regarding this.
OK, you're an exporter and you have exported products to DR. (Sorry, the devil made me do it :)
You will need to supply a lot more details if you want any help. Please be more specific.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If you shipped without confirming payment, all I can say is lesson learned. Unless it was worth a whole, whole lot of money, you will more than likely burn through just as much using local lawyers. Just remember, most Dominican lawyers are all of the fantasy that Americans all live in NY and are accustomed to paying US500 an hour for marginal if not incompetent service.

If you provide more details maybe we can be of more help. In the event you speak Spanish well I can put you in touch with reasonable lawyers who will tell you like it is and who will charge a tenth of the price of the English speaking ones with no doubt similar results - of course if bribes are required (standard practice here) it may be more.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
OK, you're an exporter and you have exported products to DR. (Sorry, the devil made me do it :)
You will need to supply a lot more details if you want any help. Please be more specific.

Does he know for sure the products arrived, we wonder? Or still in transit? And who are the 'crookes'? Perhaps this is one of those mystery stories which slowly unfolds a la teeth extraction?.....:cheeky:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
My questions would be .........
Do we know if the goods exported were actually ORDERED by the recipients? Did the recipients PLACE an order & if so, has a lawyer in the OP's country of origin been appointed to handle or give advice on this?

Did the recipient maybe think that the goods exported by the OP were of a 'Sample' nature & therefore would be FOC?

So anant108, who was the recipient? Who did you use a a shipping agent/importer here in the DR? Are the goods likely to have been held up in custome awaiting some form of 'payment/tax'? Where were the goods (& what were they, value) sent from? Country will suffice rather than town.

Too many unanswered questions for us to give sane & reasonable commentary here! ~ Grahame.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Anant,
are ya still here on the bord?
give some details about what happened.
in case of importing 'goods' many people on the bord would be interested in first hand experience, the good and the bad.
what did you ship?
departure and destin location of the goods?
wh did you use to handle your import?
or did you just send something with your private name on it as the receiver and it got stuck in cusytoms now to get the import taxes paid?

we will happily give advice,
but we need to know what really happened
Mike