preferred accounting software

BrightBuz

Jun 2, 2009
Anybody who can offer me advice, I would certainly appreciate it. We are thinking of opening up a business in DR, import/export and retail type. Someone told us that government is not favorable (for tax purposes) in using Quickbooks as accounting software and we should not use it. Please advise if this is so and why and what options do we have. Thanks

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We use Quickbooks here at DR1, no problems.

I suggest you contact a competent accounting firm and get some "real" advice.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Free Accounting Software | GnuCash

GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting software, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.

Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.

Feature Highlights

* QIF/OFX/HBCI Import, Transaction Matching
* Reports, Graphs
* Scheduled Transactions
* Financial Calculations

* Double-Entry Accounting
* Stock/Bond/Mutual Fund Accounts
* Small-Business Accounting
* Customers, Vendors, Jobs,
Invoices, A/P, A/R

BrightBuz

Jun 2, 2009
Thank you. We certainly want to use Quickbooks because we have been using it for many years and very familiar with it, used it in US and other Caribbean country. That's why we got concerned when somebody told us we can't use the same program in DR.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thank you. We certainly want to use Quickbooks because we have been using it for many years and very familiar with it, used it in US and other Caribbean country. That's why we got concerned when somebody told us we can't use the same program in DR.

The tax dept obviously only works in Spanish, so whoever you use to prepare your accounts, statements, will need to do that in Spanish.

Quickbooks you can customize the invoice templates so they show Spanish text etc.

BrightBuz

Jun 2, 2009
accounting firm

Thank you all. Can anyone suggest or recommend an accounting firm that is familiar with Quickbooks to help me set up my system, register tax ID, etc...