Eps shipping information needed

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I AM GOING TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH EPS SHIPPING NEXT WEEK. ANY FEEDBACK ON THEIR COMPETENCY, (ITEMS GETTING LOST, CREDIT CARD NUMBER THEFT, CUSTOMS PROBLEMS, ANYTHING I SHOULD BE AWARE OF WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I WAS TOLD THAT ANYTHING UNDER 200. U.S. IS NOT CHARGED AN INCOMING TAX BY THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT. IS THIS TRUE?
I WILL BE SHIPPING FROM THE MIAMI AREA TO SANTIAGO.
THESE ITEMS ARE FOR PERSONAL USE, PURCHASED FROM OUTLETS LIKE COSTCO, E-BAY, ETC.;)
THANK YOU

Mar 2, 2008
It appears you already made your decision to open an account. I'm not sure if you are looking for guidance or approval.

In any event, I am sure you will get many opinions, some positive and some negative. Personally, I didn't care for their service. I found them difficult to work with, expensive, and duplicitous.

However, the same things could be said of any and all shipping companies working within the DR. It seems to be the nature of the beast. After all, they make their living dealing with customs. You can deduce what you will from that fact.

Good luck.

By the way, writing in caps is considered to be rude by some. It indicates a loud tone of voice.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
EPS works well. I have never had a problem. I like how they keep you informed in real time via email the status of your shipment.

However, I will only use FedEx with important documents and financial transactions (like blank checks coming down, or new/replacement credit and ATM cards.)

You'll get whacked by Adaunas for items over $200, so have them shipped separately.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Thank you everyone. I was only told of EPS and not aware of any other. This opens the door for me to see what they have to offer.

Sep 19, 2005
I opened an account, but never actually shipped anything.

But i did get regular emails about their business and closing dates for holidays.

Which to me seems to say they are in touch and would be a good company to deal with.

I have been to one in Santiago with friends picking up items and it seemed the line was long though....

bob

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I opened an account, but never actually shipped anything.

But i did get regular emails about their business and closing dates for holidays.

Which to me seems to say they are in touch and would be a good company to deal with.

I have been to one in Santiago with friends picking up items and it seemed the line was long though....

bob
Really?!?

Every time I go it's almost empty.

Strange...

soulstylesmile

Aug 19, 2007
Can someone please help me. I sent a huge box to Santo Domingo 31 days ago, 6/22/09 and it has yet to arrive. What can I do from NYC to blow the whistle on these guys if my box has been stolen or tampered with. Also, is 31 days too long for a huge box or should I give this more time. I want to start the ball rolling as I feel that this country goes unchecked while it is a federal crime to tamper with mail and such. I shipped my box from NYC so wouldn't the laws still apply? I just need direction as to my next steps. Please educate me on what I can do. :-(

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Did you call the shipping company? This does seem strange since most "boxes? get here within two weeks.

HB

As an addition thought, it makes nos sense to ship a bunch of stuff by EPS or Business Mail, especially if it is a lot of stuff. You get a barrel or a big box and pay $75 to some company to deliver it to your door!! I have not heard many complaints about this service. the box can weigh 100 pounds, no matter...
Oh yeah, you kinda need to be in an area where there are Dominicans...NYC, Boston, Miami, Orlando, New Jersey and others...but it works....If I lived in Podunk, USA, I'd ship the box to the nearest company by truck, and have the Dom Company get it to my door. 100 pounds by EPS is $350 or so!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Did you call the shipping company? This does seem strange since most "boxes? get here within two weeks.

HB

As an addition thought, it makes nos sense to ship a bunch of stuff by EPS or Business Mail, especially if it is a lot of stuff. You get a barrel or a big box and pay $75 to some company to deliver it to your door!! I have not heard many complaints about this service. the box can weigh 100 pounds, no matter...
Oh yeah, you kinda need to be in an area where there are Dominicans...NYC, Boston, Miami, Orlando, New Jersey and others...but it works....If I lived in Podunk, USA, I'd ship the box to the nearest company by truck, and have the Dom Company get it to my door. 100 pounds by EPS is $350 or so!
What company does that, HB?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I opened an account awhile back and have only used the outbound mail service. The slow and fast mail have always met the est. time estimates.