Looking for a place to rent in Punta Cana-Bavaro

JoseAlfaya

Jun 6, 2009
Hello everyone, I am looking for an apartment to rent in the Bavaro - Punta Cana area. I would like to keep it in the $500-$600 US rate. Just wondering if anyone has any references there or suggestions in where to look for long time rentals.

Thank you

JoseAlfaya

Jun 6, 2009
Thanx Wud for the link but these rentals are directed to tourists, I will be working and living there....looking for something more reasonable and for long term at around $500 - $600 US range...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I strongly advise you to visit in person and look around - you're likely to find something reasonable in Pueblo Bavaro, for example.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Pueblo Bavaro mentioned by Chiri is a good address.
and you don't need 500-600 bucks for a long term rental there,
the rates went down a lot during the last months.
600 per month would be a reasonable ocean front 2 rooms fully furniched.
welcome to the east
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
looks like the today's big competition between landlords brings the rental rates down even more.
2 days ago got an offer in pueblo bavaro,
brand new appartment building,
2 beroom appartment,
cummunity pool,
community Gas connection,
and ELECTRICITY also included,
full and brand new furniched
for $400.- a month.
i do not know if the appartments are A/C or not,
but on such low rates including electricity, which is very rare here, i would guess a 2 bedroom plus living room A/C would eat a huge portion of that rent alone for electricity.
Mike

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Wow Mike, that is a super price.
I am planning on relocating to Bavaro area in November.
I would prefer the area of around the Supermarket/El Dorado Plaza location.
I have been checking out some of the apartments in that general location and they still seem to be up there in price, which is what I expected, but with your info of a drop in rentals, do you know of any around there with a good deal.
I have seen some 1 bdrms for around $700-800 plus electricity and sometimes maintenance fee....
I would prefer a 2 bdrm but of course depends on the price.

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
I think I will have a better chance of landing a deal if I look when I am there - I believe there are a lot more available than on the internet? Am I correct in believing this?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
700-800US$ per month plus electricity plus maintenance(often water comes as an additional, too), plus gas aso sounds steep for just a lil 1 bedroom appartment or studio.
i don't know all the rates in the area. at the pueblo bavaro i get often info because i am there often, kid is in school there and also my best buddy lives there and his wife is selling and renting appartments there, so we sometimes talk about the stuff/prices aso.
here at my own place in cabeza de toro i am right on the ocean front, i look on the water from the veranda, it's not anything new, but fully furniched, 2 bedrooms, cable included, electricity and gas extra, maintenance and security included, i pay $600.- per month.
just as an example.
i do not plan to move anywhere else, so i do not often ask somebody about the rental rates everywhere.
in the bavaro area are hundreds of condos/appartments available for rent, all sizes.
if you plan to stay for a long time or maybe for ever, sounds like you picked your area where you are looking on, so i would say rent a small cheap room for a couple weeks and take a rental car to get around your choosen area, you will find something quick that way and you would be able to negociate rates directly.
good luck
Mike

Last edited:

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the good information Mike. Your price sounds like what I would want, and I am willing to try another area than I mentioned, so like you say, my best bet is to tour around when I get there and negotiate then. Thanks again.

JoseAlfaya

Jun 6, 2009
Apartment in El Dorado

Hey Blue,

I am renting a 1 bdr in El Dorado for $550 + electricity. You should be able to find something there for about that price or less if it is long term. Let me know if you need any assistance finding one.

Cheers