Dominicanos in Mississippi?

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
I know there are not many latinos in mississippi so I am pretty sure there are no Dominicanos or Boricuas. I am only trying to reach out to see if indeed there are no more Dominicanos here. I plan on moving again soon, but while my family is here I had hoped that we could meet some more plantanos, ha, ha, ha. Also does anyone know where to find a Cruise around Dominican Republic. I see all these cruises to the bahamas, to jamaica, and other carribean ports but none to the DR. or maybe one or two with a stop in one place in DR but I am looking for multiple ports, thank you, Gracias!!!
Biggs
:#:Q:eek:gre:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i just wrapped up working with a latino television company that does a lot of community outreach. My job was to plot latino communities around the U.S. and PR.

While there are major latino communities all around the south...there are basically non in mississippi and alabama. It was really something to see such a hole in population data...but not really considering the history of that area.

I am not saying i am an expert...but just saying what i saw with the data i was given.

Ms. Almonte

Jul 3, 2007
I have friends in Gulfport Miss. They tell me they have a few familys that they talk too. After hurricane Katrina landed the Mexican Govt brought Mexican army men to help rebuild and that was great, while they were there many little shops, stores opened that sold spanish products that they were not able to get unless we sent it to them. I have been there quite a few times and had such a good time with them.

american chica

May 24, 2009
I reside in northern mississippi, which is closer to memphis, TN. There are a lot of latinos that currently live here and in memphis. More mexicans that any other nationality.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
thanks

I reside in northern mississippi, which is closer to memphis, TN. There are a lot of latinos that currently live here and in memphis. More mexicans that any other nationality.

Yeah, my family goes to memphis every now and then and I see a lot more latinos and like you said mostly mexicans there, but they mostly think my wife is mexican and I guess they think I am african american when they see me, but I always end up answering some question from some mexicans to my wife when they ask her in spanish, ha, ha, ha:glasses:

jmpenacolon

Jun 10, 2009

I stay in Memphis, TN

we even have a Dominican Softball league and we play every sunday!

lot of Dominicans here