DR phone line in NYC

Maraquita

Jun 7, 2009
Hello,

I just signed up to this community. I make frequent calls to DR using calling cards, but I heard that I can get an 809/829 phoneline that I can use in US for about $15/month. Does anyone know of how to go about doing this??

Thanks!!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Plan809

Hello,

I just signed up to this community. I make frequent calls to DR using calling cards, but I heard that I can get an 809/829 phoneline that I can use in US for about $15/month. Does anyone know of how to go about doing this??

Thanks!!

........was the name..........not sure if it is still around but here is the commercial for it on YouTube.............

YouTube - Anuncio Plan 809

Maraquita

Jun 7, 2009
Gracias

Thank you for all your replies. I will check out all your suggestions. I heard a company called digifone use to offer 809 lines that can be used from the states.

Have a great week!!!

Sep 22, 2009
Mr. Carlos Gomez has pioneered (from what I have seen) the phone card business between NY. I love Vonage, but the UTI (Union Telecard Allaiance) has just some of the cheapest calling card rates I have ever seen. His cards can be found all over the NYC where pre-paid cards are sold.

capitandanny

Jan 1, 2008
Try this for free calls with advertisement:
Call 1-360-227-5928 from your US Landline/Mobile. The operator will greet you with a welcome message and ask you to select one of the FREE service. The Last option is Free Call. You don't have to press any number or key to select but instead say FREE CALL loudly in your phone. This voice message will be read by their server and you will go to next step to actually make a free international call. Now they will run a short ad about 5 secs. When the ad stops, you can start dialing your international number in countycode+citycode (if any)+phone number format. Please do not press # or *, its not required. The call will be automatically placed to the desired number. The operator prompts your call is getting connected. Once connected you can talk for upto 5 minutes and then your call is disconnected.
For Dominican Republic you dial 1809 or 1829 and complete the number.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2009
You can use a voip company like lingo.com or vonage.com if you have broadband dsl or cable and get a phone line through them then purchase a virtual phone number 809 or 829 and boom you can recieve and make telephone to Quisqeya la bella. They have a call fwdg feature that let's your phone ring when they call any of the numbers! Alo y quien e k me habla?

capitandanny

Jan 1, 2008
Sometimes is busy, but I can complete my free calls (1-360-227-5928) 90% of the time. You should probably try in a different time. Take care.