Samana's New Net/Visitors Guide

A

Andy

Hi Everybody,

About a week ago I mentioned in a reply to a posting here that a new net was being created for the Samana area. Consider this to be the "official" un-official announcement of a new Tourist/Visitors Guide and Information Service for the Province of Samana!

Many of you know that for the past year I have been the unofficial voice for tourist information about the Samana area; answering questions about accomodations, attractions and anything else about our part of the DR. Not too long ago, one of my wife's Canadian relatives opined that as I was doing this anyway, we might as well create a site that would deal with information about this growing part of the DR, a Visitor's Guide to where to stay, what to do, to see, etc. We also want to create this site for non-visitors alike that contains the kind of information used by people like yourselves, people that are interested in the DR, but target the information to our area. There are already some very good networks that are national in scope (such as this one, DR1), but only a couple that deal with our peninsula and they are not very complete in their offerings.

At this time a site has been registered and now it needs to be created.

If you know of a good site designer/creator or if you have any suggestions or comments about what this site should offer to potential visitors AND to friends and supporters of the Dominican Republic (like yourselves), then please drop me a note.

And as soon as the new site becomes reality, I'll post the address,...right now it's pretty messy with construction about to start.