Apartment Rental Costs

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
I would like some good information on the cost of apartment rentals; long term as in relocating to the DR. What is the cost of a decent 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in different areas like Santiago, Santo Domingo, Peurto Plata, La Romana. Not refering to tourist condo places. Talking about an apartment in decent area but nothing luxurious. Just a middle class place. What are the ball park figures.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I would like some good information on the cost of apartment rentals; long term as in relocating to the DR. What is the cost of a decent 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in different areas like Santiago, Santo Domingo, Peurto Plata, La Romana. Not refering to tourist condo places. Talking about an apartment in decent area but nothing luxurious. Just a middle class place. What are the ball park figures.

in santo domingo,depending on area,from 5000 to 15000 pesos a month..I was paying 8250 pesos a month...try to get rent in pesos if possible,not dollars.
bob

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
what neighborhood and when

in santo domingo,depending on area,from 5000 to 15000 pesos a month..I was paying 8250 pesos a month...try to get rent in pesos if possible,not dollars.
bob

apartment prices in Gazcue run closer to $20,000 pesos for a two bedroom... I would imagine that the other, chicer areas are more....I have a Haitian friend who lives near the Zona and pays 5000 but he only has the kitchen and cuarto de servico from an older apartment which was subdived. Likewise another woman who rents for 10,000 // a large apartment which has been cut into three.

perhaps there are cheaper apartments in safe neighborhoods but I would say that that would not constitute my idea of middle class.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
It all depends on where you want to live, and what features you would like - could you be more specific?

bearcat

Nov 12, 2008
There are fully furnished apartments in the Coloinal zone for $500 US a month that has good management and 24 hr. power and internet. They are safe and have armed guards at night and is close to all the basic services that you would need.

Bearcat

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
It all depends on where you want to live, and what features you would like - could you be more specific?

I have not decided where to live that is one of the reasons I want to know the costs in different cities. I understand tha there are many different factors involved. Just looking for estimates for a decent, nothing fancy, apartment preferably with 24 hour electric and not in a combat zone. Every city in the world has its combat zones and ghettos. My question is basically the cost for a "standard" apartment in the different cities. I would assume, maybe incorrectly, that La Romana is cheaper than Santo Domingo just as Rochester NY is cheaper than NYC. Not looking for luxuary or servants quarters....that kind of stuff. Just a place that is not a dump. Hope that helps.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
There are fully furnished apartments in the Coloinal zone for $500 US a month that has good management and 24 hr. power and internet. They are safe and have armed guards at night and is close to all the basic services that you would need.

Bearcat

Thank you very much. that is the kind of info I am looking for. What about other areas.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Juan Dolio. 450 a month 2 bed no aircon, 750 2 bwd with aircon. Apart hotels 1 bed or studio 600 including everything, beachfront luxury from 1000-2000 a month

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Thank you very much. that is the kind of info I am looking for. What about other areas.

Samana,el limon,a 3 bed house for no more than 6000 pesos...unfurnished.
Las Terrenas,a furnished 1 bedroom,with cable about 7000 pesos.
bob

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This topic has been covered 100's of times. I suggest you use the search function, it's your friend.

sunlover721

Oct 25, 2012
Are there hotel rooms that can be rented for monthly rates? Not sure which area I want to be in particularly and would rather spend a month in a few different areas to get the feel for them.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
This topic has been covered 100's of times. I suggest you use the search function, it's your friend.

like most forums on the net the search function does not work very well. It is many times quicker and you get up to date info. and you do not have to weed through all the old posts that waste time. I did a search on Apartment costs and 90% of them did not even pertain to Apartments.