Electricity???

C

Cynthia

I know that Dominican has the same voltage as Canada/U.S but does anyone know if the plugs are different from here? And if so what type are they? As I will be going to Punta Cana next Saturday.

Thank you in advance

C

CES

Right you are Bob, the only difference being that in the DR there are a lot of black outs and brown outs. Also if you are going to be operating sensitive electronic equipment, surge (spike & transient voltages) protection is a must!

Regards,

. . . CES

R

ROLAND

Where are you staying? Be aware that Natura Park in Punta Cana does not have the same voltage as the US. It operates on 220. You will need a converter. A limited amount are available at the front desk but it would be a lot safer to bring your own.

K

Karen

Cynthia,
We just came back from the Riu Palace, where the electricity was 110. I brought my converter, which did not work. The front desk redesigned :) a couple of their plastic adapters for me. Since we have 1 large and 1 small prong here in the US and their adapters have 2 small prong holes, the desk clerk pried the front cover off their adapter, put my curling iron plug in and taped it up. It sounds worse than it looks!
Karen

R

Ratman

Re: Electricity??? What about the Melia Bavaro?

Does anyone know about the electricity setup for the Melia Bavaro in Punta Cana? Is it 110 or 220?