Chat Monday June 15 -Subject, New Immigrants

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We're going try the first subject based chat. We thought it would be interesting to share some experiences the spouses of new immigrants have had or even the new Immigrants themselves about moving to their new country. Meaning Dominicans that have immigrated to other parts of the world

If you've never been in the chat room, you'll find it at the top of any DR1 page on the far right side. Click on the Icon "Chat Room" . You'll need Java to make it work. If you don't have Java you'll find it here java.com: Java + You.

Try to enter the chat room for testing before Monday night.

No matter what part of the world you have immigrated to please join us if you can Monday June 15 9:00 pm. We should be in there for a while so hopefully you can join us at some point.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry forgot to mention it's Eastern Daylight savings Time or at this time of year "Dominican Time"

Somtimes we're in chat till midnight so you might catch us around this time that you are posting.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
A few people arrived before the allotted time of the themed chat for the "immigrants from the DR evening". Most participants were the spouses of the immigrating Dominicans who shared experiences, both good and bad, had good humour and fun and mixed in with some of the "regulars". At one point there were 17 chatters, not sure if that is a record, but it was both amusing and confusing with several different convos going on at once. All in all though, it was a real success so thank you Anna for making it happen.

Reactions: AnnaC

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It was fun and the room was filled. We changed the text color depending on the conversations we were following. If you blinked you missed a lot.

I hope everyone enjoyed it. Thanks to Sangria for contacting everyone to let them know about the chat.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Yes, lots of fun. I had a hard time trying to keep track of what was being said :surprised. Anyone who has any questions that I can try and help with re sponsoring your spouse to Canada can feel free to PM me beacuse I don't know how much help anyone got last night as the conversations were so fast.