Metro Country Club ? Are they BROKE ???

mrweepa1

Jun 12, 2009
I have invested in Las Olas and the construction had stopped last September or so. Does any one know if it will ever get going again? :paranoid::paranoid::ermm:

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
there are lots of rumours going around. i do not participate in rumours but I know 2 facts. Fact 1. A friend of mine sold a large piece of land to metro and they are unable to pay him now. Fact 2. They have liquidated their team of engineers and architects.

mrweepa1

Jun 12, 2009
MCC- Las olas

:pirate:OK, Thank you. I ghess it will sit until someone wants to develop the properties.

niopo

Apr 11, 2009
It looks like they're using the money from Las Olas to finish Marbella. Asilis is trying to get $30million to finish his projects but has no cash whatsoever now.
Apparantely they still owe wages and commissions to laid of employees for more than 6 months. They're in bad shape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Article in today's Sociedad section of Listin Diario...Asilis, Ankron and people..

HB

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Can SteveG put a shine on this sneaker? Is mikey007 available as a straight man? :tired:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HB, can you enlighten me on what the article was about? Couldn?t get a paper and online there was no mentioning about it.
Thxs

Sure. It says

Le?n Bond emission for Las Olas Project

Metro Country Club and Valores Leon presented the emission of corporate bonds for a value of $16 million dollars for financing the Las Olas project. The event took place in the corporate offices of Metro Group Real Estate. During the event, the director of Business of Valores Leon, Manuel Castillo and Carlos Cortina, executive Vice-president of the group presented the description of the emission.
They pointed out, moreover, the details and the advantages that the financial instruments offered, as well as their structure and principle characteristics.

It also named the folks in the six pictures..Asilis, Ankrom etc

HB

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Sure. It says

Le?n Bond emission for Las Olas Project

Metro Country Club and Valores Leon presented the emission of corporate bonds for a value of $16 million dollars for financing the Las Olas project. The event took place in the corporate offices of Metro Group Real Estate. During the event, the director of Business of Valores Leon, Manuel Castillo and Carlos Cortina, executive Vice-president of the group presented the description of the emission.
They pointed out, moreover, the details and the advantages that the financial instruments offered, as well as their structure and principle characteristics.

It also named the folks in the six pictures..Asilis, Ankrom etc

HB

HB, thanks

mrweepa1

Jun 12, 2009
MCC- Las olas

I just wanted to say that I have found out Metro Country club is not broke. There financial standing can be looked at Feller-rate.com.do

Does any one have any photos of Marbella, las Olas Construction ? I would like to know when they will start building again. Thank you. :ermm::ermm::paranoid:

claudmart

Sep 24, 2009
What is the status of the project now?

I bought an apartment at las Olas and don't really know what is going on, do you know anything, what do they say? What is the due date?

jddr

Sep 27, 2009
Las Olas is stopped, know of buyers there who switched to Marbella because it was taking too long and they lost their confidence. When they will start again, who knows, maybe they put all their money in Marbella.
Concerning Costa Blanca, Metro had problems there and they have set up some kind of joint venture with the Russians Petroholding who are doing the construction now.
I hear from a reliable source that Metro is having problems with the internal revenue. Sales people that used to work for them have still not their commissions paid. Maybe someone has more information.

SCAPEGOAT

Sep 30, 2009
Wouldn?t you know it. I was seriously thinking about buying something in the Metro Country Club and now I see these messages. Hillbilly or anyone else, can you update me on this situation? Anything to be concerned about?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Wouldn?t you know it. I was seriously thinking about buying something in the Metro Country Club and now I see these messages. Hillbilly or anyone else, can you update me on this situation? Anything to be concerned about?

It's the sign of the times, everybody is experiencing difficulties and so is Metro but I'm pretty confident that they pull through.
Which of the Metro projects were you interested in?