bus from jimani to azua

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am going to bet that there is nothing on line. That is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a main line. It is the road to Haiti, and probably there could be a bus by Caribe Tours or one of the companies that go to Haiti going through there.

YOur "friend" would have to flag it down and see if they would take him/her to Azua. Probably not.

Local transport is not scheduled. The trip takes about three hours. Absolutely no idea as to cost, but not much--less than 10 US $

HB

creativeliza

Sep 30, 2004
www.creativeliza.com
i have already checked caribe tours and they don't go through jimani. my friend is part of the UN peacekeeping force in haiti and he can get a ride to jimani from port-au-prince. he's made it to santo domingo via a bus so maybe he just takes the same bus and stops at azua?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That, of course, is the solution.:8>)

Since traffic is Azua is so slow, he just has to tell the driver: Hey, lemme off here, pal.

One issue: No luggage in the compartment beneath the bus..

However, I am betting that this is doable...

HB

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
public bus jimani-sto dgo

A guagua leaves every 1-2 hours from Jimani to the capital. They are pretty nice, all have a/c, but get crowded before they leave so get to one early for a good seat. If you have a lot of luggage, you may have to pay for an extra seat. Those guaguas pull a small trailer behind them for luggage and not sure if they will get it out for you in Azua. Not sure of price, but like it was mentioned will be less than $10. I know this b/c lived on a road where they pass through. To find them in Jimani, there is probably a stop they all leave from, just ask anyone "guagua capital?".

Caribe Tours would be a smoother ride if you can do that, but I'm not sure if the one coming from Haiti will stop at the little station in Azua or only in the capital. Give it a try though.