I'm looking for a construction company

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MRJone

I just bought a piece of land, and I?m looking to build a small house in the near future. Does anybody know of a construction company of good reputation that would be able to assist me? I have been advices by my friends to go with a Haitian constructor. I?m not sure what to do. In the past, the constructor has done good work for my friends and he did not charge too much. Yet, I would rather use the service of an establish company in Sosua or Puerto Plata.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
I have used this gentleman

he spent 10 years in new york, does a ton of work, honors all warranties and will get a translator if you dont' speak good enough spanish. 809 722 9494 his name is Raphael. pm me if you want more details on what he has done for me.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm an American civil engineer living here in Santiago and I'll be glad to give you a quote to manage this for you. We are currently not a construction company but I have a Dominican friend who is a maestro who does the construction and I will manage that and communicate with you the client for a nominal fee. This method is typically 70 to 90% cheaper than going through a constructor, providing you can send money down on a timely basis during construction. Send me a pm for more info.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
For an alternative quotation, we are 100% happy with ING Yohann Reyes who is currently building our surf camp in Cabarete. He is one month ahead of schedule; reasonably priced, almost ALWAYS on site supervising his men, who are a team of about 25 Haitians. Add to that, courteous and pleasant to work with and after building several projects in the UK for 20 years, this is the best construction experience I've had so far. You can go and check the work he is doing for us; the construction site is opposite Ocean Dream, in the road that runs behind the new Bozo liquor store; you can't miss it. I'm sure that you will find Yohann there or PM me for his number.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
I have been advices by my friends to go with a Haitian constructor. I?m not sure what to do.

That would be illegal, you'd be better off with Dominicans workers, a bit more expensive but more skilled.

M

MRJone

Thanks for your input

Thanks for your input. Building my house seems to be a bit more difficult than I had expected. None the less, it is not impossible and I'm sure all the work will be well worth it at the end. I love Sosua and there is nowhere else I would rather be.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Not trying to be offensive to anyone.....I have 6 yrs experience of going back and forth to Sosua and chasing the construction sites in Caberete and a little bit in Sosua.........Most of the upscale work I have seen done is done by Haitians, With Dominican Supervision.........

So you have friends that are satisfied with a Haition Builder........The biggest problem in construction is trust and then comes the skills.............

It would be best for you or someone you trust to oversee everything, little bit, by little bit and slow walk it.......

With these hard times, just as this is a buyers market now...........
It is a builders ( you ) market now..........You will get more bang for your bucks, NOW....

The builder of the last two large condo's in Caberete is now selling flowers with his sister, in North-eastern United States...............from what I've been told..........

I speak from experience, 32yrs police, Philadelphia, retired....And born into a construction family, with my father building over 250 homes from the ground up, as a general contractor, with me as his sidekick and favorite son .............

So what Chip offered, is something to look into, because, I'm looking forward to doing the same thing, but on a larger scale..............

Finding a Dominican you can trust with your money, is a task in itself................I've been looking for the, good girl, for 6yrs, now,ha, ha.............to no avail.......

So, good luck.........

M

MRJone

Thanks

Thank you once again for your input. I'll keep in mind everything you said. I surely don't trust some people in this town. There is too much BS going on. But, thank you again for your comments. On regards to the one Chica to trust, good luck finding the one. You might be better off looking in-land, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.