Re: Licking your wounds?

A

A_Man

Re: Licking your wounds?

<<What are you trying to say??? That Men should have more rights than women???>>

Not at all! What I was trying to say is that I don't appreciate it when certain groups try to impose THEIR will on EVERYONE. I want to be able to buy booze on Sunday, I want politicians to go after the REAL polluters, not just the small guys, and I want to be able to go into a strip joint or patronize a prostitute whenever I'd like. Does this hurt you? Am I infringing on YOUR rights in this way? Why are you (the royal you) infringing on MY rights? We've got so many special interest groups buying the politicians these days that common sense isn't even considered anymore - just the size of your donation. Thus people like me (white males), who will never be seriously considered a minority (although we are now), have become so detached from the system that we don't see any reason to contribute anymore. You all got the issues so clouded with BS (adult businesses lead to rapes and beatings of women, Sunday is a 'family' day so no booze should be sold... what, are you against the family?), maybe we're just tired of fighting stupidity. I like the DR because I don't have to deal with a bunch of stupid rules and I don't have to be the sensitive man that I'm NOT!

I really think that JCesar was trying to say (correct me if I'm wrong JC, I don't want to come off as an arrogant American) is keep your stupidity in America, please don't export it to the DR. Another point I'd like to make is that everyone talks about the corruption in the DR. Is it possible that this isn't necessarily a bad thing? For one, is it really any different than the city charging you for a permit to put an addition on your house? They get their 'kickback' in the name of doling it back to EVERYONE - but with strings attached. The only people paying in the DR are the people trying to do things...people that generally have the money to pay. At least they're not taking money (campaign contributions) from people who would like to impose their will on everyone. Just a thought that I hope will generate some discussion, I can't say I have first hand experience with this in the DR. But I just feel you pay one way or another, I'd just rather feel I'm paying for something that I'm trying to do instead of knowing someone is paying to control my life.

You have a GREAT weekend Joyce!