Playa dorada weather

portrushbear

Jul 8, 2008
Hi

we are due to stay in the gran ventana hotel in 2 weeks time, the weather forecasts so far have been forecasting heavy showers every day, have i picked a bad time to come or what?

many thanks

PB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi

we are due to stay in the gran ventana hotel in 2 weeks time, the weather forecasts so far have been forecasting heavy showers every day, have i picked a bad time to come or what?

many thanks

PB

The heavy showers/ storms have been, as often, restricting themselves to late afternoon/ early evening and are a welcome cool down after blistering sun and blue skies. As sure you will get more than enough daily sunshine during your visit.

Al Bundy

Sep 4, 2008
We stayed at Gran Ventana last year and found the afternoon rain quite refreshing. The sun was out from 5.45am till around 4pm everyday. Plenty of time in the sun. The rain usually lasts a couple of hours then clears up. Might be an idea to take a brolly or poncho when going for meals. I was soaked a couple of times but my wife was always dry.
I should add that it rained in the afternoon about 7 days out of 14 and didn't cause any major disruption. Have a great time.