Dominican online stores for appliances

DesiArnez6

Aug 9, 2005
Are there any reputable stores in the Dominican Republic (or even in the U.S. that ship to the Dominican republic ..Amazon???) Where I can pay online (preferably Pay Pal like secure system) and have family pick up the items there?

I trusted Plaza Lama and it turned out to be a nightmare. Even after using PayPal, they demanded copies of passport drivers liscense, credit card, banking info (all unnecessary since I used Pay Pal which is WHY I used Paypal), And all after Pay pal had approved and processed everything with no problem (Ive used PayPal for years)

After dragging and kicking, and multiple hang up on the phone, call transfers back and forth between stores, having my family show up multiple times to say, nope not here (despite calling them tellig them to pick it up), "Still in the Capital"
etc.

Only after initiating a Paypal dispute and making them aware of some legal and governmental connections of mine there, management called me in the US immediately stating that my products were being delivered now. Then without actually delivering them, they claimed it had already been picked up? I notified Pay Pal and again it was corrected.

Finally my family member was called to the store again, but notified, that the store didn't actually sell those two products, so a different smaller size and brand was given instead. Neither item was what I ordered, and strangely, using the official Banco Central Conversion Rates for that day. I was charged an extra $11 somehow for something, not sure what?

So, I cannot find another Dominican Online Appliance store, and I am now very nervous because Plaza Lamam is such a Big company. And I dont know if management was so nice because they really were sorry, or just trying to avoid legal trouble, and then still scam my family with diferent products I nver purchased and an $11 disparity between PayPal, and my PLaza Lama receipt?

Who can I trust down there? Who do I shop with from now on? And should I just take this as a "lesson" of some sort" and just be glad my family got "something"