airport dilemma

gszenacm

Jun 10, 2009
I can get our fligts into SDQ Santo Domingo for $995 (fam of 4), but I don't think I want to stay there...but the flights into punta cana (PUJ) are $600 more.

Is taxi the only way to get there? which would probably cost me the $600 in airfare right?

are there decent AI places to stay near Santo Domingo? or do I need to get further away to see the nicer beaches?

We will be traveling with two toddlers...

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I can get our fligts into SDQ Santo Domingo for $995 (fam of 4), but I don't think I want to stay there...but the flights into punta cana (PUJ) are $600 more.

Is taxi the only way to get there? which would probably cost me the $600 in airfare right?

are there decent AI places to stay near Santo Domingo? or do I need to get further away to see the nicer beaches?

So you save $600.

It will cost you about $200 each way to PUJ by taxi and take about four hours each way.

Now you've saved about $200 and blown one day of your vacation.

Worth it or not - you decide.

Gregg

P.S. - Oh yes, eight hours in a taxi with two toddlers; maybe not worth it... Your call.

G5ive

May 20, 2009

Rent a car, it will probably run you about $19 with Payless plus insurance. The drive to Punta Cana is 3 hours.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
If you have never drive in DR before, I don?t recommend you rent a car to put your family on, just pay the extra $600 and save the troble to and save yourself a day of vacacion as well.
There are a couple of AI?s resort near SDQ, you have the Oasis Hamaca Hotel in Boca Chica beach just about 5 minutes cab ride from the SDQ.

gszenacm

Jun 10, 2009
ok, that puts some perspective on things...I thought the drive was more like less than 2 hours...thanks for the input!

gszenacm

Jun 10, 2009
I booked

I'm flying into/out of PUJ and paying a little more than I wanted to...but I saved on the lodging so it evens out

Jan 9, 2004
For lots of reasons.....

I'm flying into/out of PUJ and paying a little more than I wanted to...but I saved on the lodging so it evens out

some of which have been mentioned above, and including in the equation your two toddlers, you made a very wise decision.

Enjoy your vacation.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
La romana

You can fligh to La Romana, sometimes the have good deals
someone mentioned not to drive there if you never did it before
that's totally the true. Just because of the kids that will be travelling with you. Is not that bad if you know the road and way around.

And to lose a day of your vacation driving!!!

Look for alternated airport from your city or nearby can prob. help
believe it or not also connecting or buying separate flight from Florida works.

Spirit