Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Hello,
I am new to this forum but I have been lurking for a while, found a wealth of info on Las Terrenas thanks to you guys.:cheeky:

I am sooooo excited because I will finally visit the region in August and will be based in las Terrenas (Absolutely no doubt in my mind that I'll love it!).

I have two questions though..

I am looking to rent a 2 bdr house or apt for around $500/week, do you think this is realistic price???
Does anyone has the latest bus schedule for (no gua-gua) Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas (or Sanchez) route (both ways) ? I need it before I book my ticket.

Thank you all in advance !!!!!!!

I can't wait to be there, counting the days...........

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
Hello,
please think this over....where are you comming from?
What type of food do you enjoy...and why do you want to be so far away from the places that are on your list?
Don't get me wrong....i stayed a few years ago and very expensive....you do get a incredilly clean room....

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
HomeAway Las Terrenas Villa Rentals there are 2 here with contact numbers that fit your description. i do not own or have not stayed in either. dr1 has a real estate section with some listed as well. good luck and enjoy your vacation. the wife and i love las terrenas and hope to be there in nov. ben jammin'

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
There is no bus that goes from POP to Las Terrenas. There used to be a Caribe Tours bus that went from POP to Samana, and or course Sanchez, but I think that got canceled quite some time ago. I pretty sure your only option would be to take the CT down to the capital and then from there get on another bus for Samana. From Samana you can take a gua gua just as easily as from Sanchez to Las Terrenas. There is always the taxi route as well. It runs about $230 from POP to LT.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Yes there is a bus from Puerto Plata to LT. it leaves at 1.00 pm I think it would be best to telephone Transporte Alcibiade 809 387 4374/809 886 6304 to ensure they detour to the airport. Otherwise take a guagua to Sanchez then the guagua to LT. Information at the airport should have the info. and they speak english. Taxis will cost you an arm and a leg. Something I have done in the past is to chat up a tour guide and see if he'll give you a lift on the coach.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Thanks Granca, I will definitely call.....
I figured I will take a Taxi to their pick up point in Puerto Plata.
Guagua is not an option cause I am traveling with my kids (that is why I may end up taking a taxi all the way to las Terrenas).