enquiry from India!

R

raja

I want to visit the DR for a holiday. I require a visa, but as the DR does not have it's embassy in India I do not know how I should go about it. Can somebody help me know how I can go about it, or which authorities I can contact for info. reg. a visa, whether I can get it on arrival ?

Does anybody know which embassy looks after the DR interests in India ?

I would appreciate all help given.

Adios,

Raja

S

Sarah

I know this sounds really simplistic, but your airline or travel agent must have the answer to your questions. Good luck, Sarah

R

raja

for Sarah, thanks but I need more assitance!

You cannot understand how difficult it is India. Besides, I am not sure whether even 100 people from India visit DR, so no one will have the correct info.

The best bet would be the DR immigration or External/foreign affairs ministry. I wrote to CPT@codetal.net.do but the response from the National Hotel Association was I should use this Interactive Message Board.

Gracias & adios

S

Sarah

Delores or Robert may have an answer for you...

Sorry I was not very helpful! I did not realize how hard it is.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You will need a visa but as you are aware there is no consulate in India thus your visa will need to be processed by an alternative consulate. Check the Ministry of Foreign Relations web page for emails of alternative consulates that might be of assistance. We suggest you email several, trying to get a response.

M

Maria

Raja, what you have to do is write to the Dominican consulate and request a visa. You may want to do it directly in Santo Domingo, or you may want to write to the Dominican consulate in the country nearest to you, which I believe is Israel. For more information. you can fallow the advice of DR1 which directs you to the information I just gave you and also gives you a list of requirements. Good luck!

R

Ronald Stocker

maybe this seems too simple but unless things have changed i'm sure that a tourist visa can be obtained for 10 dollars on arrival at the airport in the DR and its valid for 90 days

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
No. You are talking about a tourist card. But the possibility of obtaining a tourist card is not open to citizens of India. The request for a visa should be channeled by a Dominican consulate abroad.