cheap flight to DR ???

R

raja

Can somebody tell me from which place would it be cheaper to fly into the DR, from Miami, Mexico or NY ? And what is the return fare, cheapest ?

thanks for your help.

J

Jim Hinsch

The cheapest flight is from San Juan, Puerto Rico, followed by Miami, and New York/New Jersey. I'm not aware of non-stops from Mexico. As far as I know, you would have to connect in Miami or Havana.

To get prices, try <A HREF="http://www.expedia.com">www.expedia.com</A>. The flights into the Dominican Republic arrive in Santo Domingo, La Romana, Puerto Plata, or Punta Cana.

Round trip from San Juan is about $175. Of course, first you have to get to San Juan. Flights from NYC area and Miami are running around US$350-400. These prices include all taxes.

My recent tickets from Detroit with a connection in Miami also cost me about US$400. Prices fell last Monday and the cheaper fares are going quick. Now is the time to buy.

You can often find charters even cheaper, but schedules are limited and you risk lengthy delays, which is much more common with charter flights, that don't have backup crews and equipment.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM