Environmental Work

richardhussey

Feb 14, 2009
Hi, I moved here to be with my girlfriend in March i am from the UK. Now i am working as an English t?acher however, my passion lies with?n the environment and landscape. As you all know here there is alot of work to be done to help the people learn hoe to protect their landscape and the environment in which they live. I have spent the last 5 years of my life in the ?K obtaining a degree in landscape managment. However, i am finding it difficult to get a position here in this field. I have emaild the so called department for the environment here and to date i have had no response. Can any one help or do you have any sugestions

Thanks for your time Rick

DR EnergySaver

Jun 30, 2009
Environmental Technologies from Europe on DR

Hello Rick!

Great to hear that you are interested in saving the environment on DR!!

Where exactly did you move?!
As I am about to establish environmental technologies from overseas, I believe you are interested in this topic and furthermore referring them to your accaintances.

I am working for an environmental technologie center in Europe and seek for people on DR that are eager to keep beautiful paradis as it is!! :cheeky:

Having spent 4weeks on Samana last year I will be there in a few weeks time - so we could follow up personally, too, if you wish;

Looking forward to receive your answer, ;)

Gary
DR EnergySaver

Hi, I moved here to be with my girlfriend in March i am from the UK. Now i am working as an English t?acher however, my passion lies with?n the environment and landscape. As you all know here there is alot of work to be done to help the people learn hoe to protect their landscape and the environment in which they live. I have spent the last 5 years of my life in the ?K obtaining a degree in landscape managment. However, i am finding it difficult to get a position here in this field. I have emaild the so called department for the environment here and to date i have had no response. Can any one help or do you have any sugestions

Thanks for your time Rick

Stuart Polkinghorne

Nov 13, 2008
I wish you both luck.. at the moment the taxes on solar and almost any imported renewable tec is so high it makes it out of reach for most of the people and, not used in ways to help people that really need it.. The money made by some that sell, import things like oil, batteries, generators is to good for them to let it go and let the government lower taxes on renewable or alternative fuels.
I'm always on the look out for new ideas or ways of helping like minded people... Keep taking about it!! Keep looking into it!! Make people aware of what you're wanting to do..
Keep us all informed of anything you find out or are trying to start up.

richardhussey

Feb 14, 2009
Hi
I at presant living in La Romana or just ouside of La Romana, yes we could meet. Please can you explain exactly what it that you do in Europe and its possiable relationship to the DR

Rick