Fine Hotel/Sosua Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Hi -

I'm going to be visited by a married couple -Northern California, wine drinking,
no kids, inclined to luxury. 20 years ago you would call them "buppies".

What is the most luxurious, upscale hotel in the Sosua Cabarete area for these folks? I've seen them all and read the reviews, but what's the real deal?

thanks,
D

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Hi -

I'm going to be visited by a married couple -Northern California, wine drinking,

What is the most luxurious, upscale hotel in the Sosua Cabarete area for these folks? I've seen them all and read the reviews, but what's the real deal?

thanks,
D

Danny,

Frankly, the answer is "none of the above." The best accommodations are Courtyard by Marriott level in terms of luxurious appointments (with the exception of great grounds).

My advice for those seeking true "luxury" is to try renting a high-end condo or villa. OceanDream is amazing and right on the main beach in Cabarete. Hispaniola Residencial has great and affordable villas within walking distance of Sosua. And although exceedingly expensive, there are the villas at Sea Horse Ranch.

Good luck,

DRob

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
A condo or villa as suggested above is a good idea...one I would probably opt for, but you won't get any of the "Hotel/Resort" experience...i.e. service...

There is a true high-end hotel in Playa Dorada....Casa Colonial...there is little you can find at fault with the hotel, the service, the food, etc...only problem is the location, if you want Sosua or Cabarete. Besides that, Velero Resort in Cabarete is as close as you'll probably find to a real resort feel. Ive heard good things about Casa 21 in the hills above Sosua, but its a small B& B...and I havent been there to say first hand...

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Hi -

thanks,
D

In Cabarete I would go to Velero Beach Resort (Velero Beach Resort; Dominican Republic Luxury Vacation Resort Hotel & Luxury Condo Rentals). It is the ONLY 4 star hotel in Cabarete and is a thoroughly enjoyable place to stay.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Yes Velero or an ocean front condo in Ocean One, Cabarete. Don't send them to Sosua - they will hate it. There are some really beautiful ones in O1 if they want very upscale - large 3 beds or nice size 2 beds. Don't necessarily need a hotel in Cabarete as there are so many restaurants to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.