Somebody explain this to me please

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
from DR1.com:

ONAMET forecasts rains
It was a swelteringly hot day in Santo Domingo on Wednesday, but the Weather Department (Onamet) is forecasting rains and thunderstorms with some strong winds for the northeast, north, northwest, southeast, Cibao Valley, the central mountains and along the border. A tropical wave located east of Puerto Rico is moving west at 25 kilometers per hour. Onamet is maintaining its alert for flash flooding and landslides for residents of high-risk areas near rivers and creeks in the provinces of Elias Pina, Valverde and Santiago. At the same time, the office says that a low-pressure area located to the northeast of the country and winds from the east/southeast are causing humidity and are keeping the atmosphere unstable. Onamet reports an area of showers and electrical storms to the west of the Gulf of Mexico, but says that there is little chance of this area becoming a tropical storm.

The I go to

Intellicast - Caribbean Satellite in United States

and there is nothing even close to the DR or PR. nothing. not a cloud. (as of 18:30 GMT which I assume is 2:30pm here.)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I do not know, but I did the same thing as you did and found those cloudless skies to the east....
Maybe they have returned to the days of aching bones and wetting of the finger to see what is happening.
Here in Santiago is it getting warm and it is humid. Perhaps the combination will bring late afternoon showers???

Ah, the weather....

HB

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
thunder

right now in pop there are dark clouds over the mountain and thunder.... very hot and humid

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Thats what I figured, afternoon rains to ruin my tennis game at 5pm as usual.

However, according to the news its a 'system' coming from PR area.

Strange.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Localized thunder clouds hung around for a few hours but it never rained. Still got to play tennis even though it looked like it was gonna pour. Still dont' see crap coming from the PR area. Not sure what system the Dr1 weatherman was talking about.