Are the tropical waves further south?

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
I daily look at accuweather for any storm activities

Am i wrong or are the tropical waves further south this year than last?

Geetings

Johan

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Currently, there is an interesting area to the southwest, over by Jamaica and what looks like it might be a wave coming in form the east, far out from Barbados.

What we seem to be getting are low pressure areas that bring in humid ocean air that dumps a lot of rain...wonderful for the lakes, farms (well, most of them) and reservoirs.

Things will get interesting as the summer wears on..

HB

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
If my memory isn't playing jokes on me i remember that last year the tropical waves came much more to the south and didn't hugg the coast of south america as they do now.
I believe that last year they came from the atlantic turned south and passed North of Hispaniola or am i wrong

Greetings

Johan

I hope it won't be to "interesting" as it will be my first year in the DR

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is a tropical wave west of Jamaica, moving towards Yucatan.
no very likely to form a tropical cyclone or such, but at least it will pretty sure damp a lot of rain on the anyways struggling Mexicans.
very early in the year, thou, activities in june are very rare.
just 4 formations at all since 1995, and only one of 'em made it to a stormstrength.

it has nothing to do with any changes of locations where tropical storms form up that this one is located down there in the western caribbean Sea, anyways since ever a birthplace for many tropical waves.
it is very early in the season, later on they can come up from everywhere.
the most common directions for tropical storms to head to is towards the north and towards the west, so their typical direction is a mix of that in most cases.
of course there are exceptions, we had huge and powerful exceptions moving towards SE.
but usually we should await to get the danger in from the east and south of our location.
here the warnings for expected formations during the next 48hrs show up, always actualized.
two_atl.gif

welcome to your first year on the Isle my friend.
here in the weather section of DR1 you will find the actual weather situation about anything brewing up somewhere near right away.
DR1 became over the years for me the best spot on the net to discuss actual and expected upcoming weather throu tropical storm season.

sat shots show very few amount of shara dust crossing the atlantic for this season, that dust is usually hindering the strengthening of forming storms,
but we will see what we are up to this year soon.
Mike