anywhere i can rent a car with sound system in sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
does anyone know of a rental office that rents cars or suv's with sound systems in them in sosua?
theirs nothing like cruisin around the coast with some good music up and the windows down.
i'll be in sosua within 2 weeks.i was supposed to leave yesterday but because of the weather and delays in n.y. i had to reschedule.
thanks for everyones info,
zach

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just make sure you wear shorts at all times, golden chains on your neck, NYC baseball cap and you are partnered by mean looking girl in puta clothes. goes well with a chopo car you want to rent.. :cheeky:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
There are a couple of Montero Sport rentals on calle Alejo Martinez, near the Banco Popular. They probably don't have a bass box/subwoofer in the back, but I'll bet if you are willing to rent for more than a week, they'll find a bass box to place in the back for you, those guys really really want your business.

They are also many Dominicans in Sosua that rent their private vehicles for a cheap price, but you'll have to ask around.

Be Forewarned!!! Renting from these little shops in and around Sosua will have its consequences if their vehicles are stolen, damaged or even scratched! Good Luck

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
They are also many Dominicans in Sosua that rent their private vehicles for a cheap price, but you'll have to ask around.

Be Forewarned!!! Renting from these little shops in and around Sosua will have its consequences if their vehicles are stolen, damaged or even scratched! Good Luck

And you also need to ensure that none of those private rentals are of vehicles which have been involved in a crime because that's the fastest way to really muck up your holiday. :ermm:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Like the time that Montero bit a telephone pole in half coming around a corner too fast. Those dang vehicles have voracious appetites for getting themselves in trouble.
:) :)

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The incident I was thinking of happened way before that one. The group of Canadian lads who met a Haitian and a Dominican and someone knew someone who could get a good deal on a private rental in Sosua. So they went ahead & rented; unbeknownst to them the vehicle had been the scene of crime in the murder/attempted murder of a prominent Dominican businessman. Of course the guys renting the car knew nothing about this, but they got stopped by the police, the vehicle impounded & the driver & passengers thrown in jail. One of the young men was terrified of what was going on inside the jail & got a message to his sister in Canada. She & her husband came down to help him; BushBaby picked them up from the airport so they were met by someone who spoke English & took them to their Consular rep. at Cafecito where they were also met by Gringo (Larry C.) who very kindly accommodated the couple free of charge.

For the Canadian young man, despite having his sister & brother-in-law's help, the support of an experienced Hon Consul who knows his stuff, plus a couple of long term expats helping the sister, this was still a nightmare experience. And all because the car rental was done 'by someone who knew someone'. The amount of money 'saved' in the cheap rental was paid out at least 10 times over in lawyer's fees, airline tickets for sister etc etc.

Don't risk it. Go with the reputable agencies.

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
just make sure you wear shorts at all times, golden chains on your neck, NYC baseball cap and you are partnered by mean looking girl in puta clothes. goes well with a chopo car you want to rent.. :cheeky:

sorry mr. i dont wear shorts with gold chains at all times in the d.r. or a nyc cap.nor do a want a mean lookin girl in puta clothing.i'm a tourist who feel in love with the dominican music and culture with all my heart.i'm goin to be on vacation.i dont have this music and culture like this in chicago.i cant wake up to chickens and the sounds of aventura.i cant eat la bandera everyday.i cant cruise por el campo and stop at every colmado and say que lo que?all i would like to do is rent a car with nice tunes and cruise my way to wherever my vacation may bring me.if you dont like loud music how can you love being in R.D.? it's everywhere and its good! every colmado i stop at with bachata blazing in my ears and everyone fillin my cup cause its gettin low.everywhere i go whether its salsa,merengue,or bachata it's played and played loud and i hope they dont change a thing except with the respect of keepin it off in the late night!
really i dont get your reply???

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the difference is - I LIVE HERE.
i am sick and tired of chopos in their chopo cars blasting cheap chopo music all day and night long.
i hate loud music and above all i hate bachata.
and if you think that loud bachata from a colmadon in some poor barrio is real DR - then indeed you are nothing but a turista.

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
the difference is - I LIVE HERE.
i am sick and tired of chopos in their chopo cars blasting cheap chopo music all day and night long.
i hate loud music and above all i hate bachata.
and if you think that loud bachata from a colmadon in some poor barrio is real DR - then indeed you are nothing but a turista.

you said it perfect!
it must be my small shanty that i built in that poor barrio on the otherside of las americas in boca chica that must be why i love that cheap chopo bachata music in my ears so much.i have no lights sometimes se fue la luz and i dont have water at times.i bathe in the rivers of the campo sometimes also.i go to la inglesia de dios de la profesia a veces and give donations.i dont have bushels of money but i helped many people and made friends in that (non-real) barrio i'm welcomed home in.i live in chicago and work hard everyday to spend some time in the place that i love and respect.i indeed am nothing but a turista.
opinions are like a**holes and everyone has one.thanks for your opinion!
p.s. your living in paradise how can you be so grumpy?
you sound like a grumpy old man.
i just wanted information not a confrontation.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
grumpy - yes ;)
old - no
man - no

you know, you can rent one of those trucks with huge speakers - used for advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.