Jabon de Cuaba para el bano

M

miguel

Does anyone know where in the US we can order our favorite soap from to Arizona. Lavador con miel jabon de cuabo para el bano. It would be nice to get some because it reminds me of my wonderful country. Dominicana!

H

hillbilly

You can go to the supermarket and ask for OCTAGON soap. It is almost the same and it is one of the oldest soaps sold in the US.

N

Natasha

Hi,

I can buy Candado soap here in Arlington at just about any Latin store. You may want to contact the US distributor. It is Iberia Foods Corp., 195-217 Liberty Avenue, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11207.

Regards,
Natasha

M

miguel

Natasha,

Thanks for your response. I tried to call the name of the company that you gave me and there is no such name Iberia Foods on Liberty Avenue the operator said. Do you have another name or the name of a store that would allow me to order.

Miguel

N

Natasha

Try these stores...

Arlington Latin Market (703) 486-0549

La Union Grocery (703) 812-9484

El Chaparral (703) 276-8336. This is the one I go to most of the time and where I have found the soap.

There are also many Latin/Caribbean stores in Silver Spring, Maryland and in Adams Morgan/Mount Pleasant in DC where many Latins and Dominicans live.

The US distributor I gave you is what appears on the package of soap, hummm....very odd. Candado is made by Sociedad Industrial Dominicana C. por A. at Maximo Gomez Ave. No. 182, Sto. Dgo., R.D.

Hope this helps,
Natasha

N

Natasha

Another link

These shops may also carry the soap.

Regards,
Natasha

M

miguel

Re: Another link

Natasha,

You are incredibly resourceful! Also, I think your writing is fabulous. I have read some of your comments in other people's messages and I like it. On Wednesday, I amd going to call some of your suggested places. One place that I found on my own said I was not correct in saying Candado jabon. He said I should be requesting Cuaba jabon. Oh well.

Thanks a bunch.

A

Amida Betancourt/EXPAT RELOCATION SERVICE

This soup belongs to Colgate Palmolive. I will find out tomorrow and I will let you know. OK?
Amilda