air canada sale - $199 each way

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
you may have to search the dates and transfer in montreal, but it's there!

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
Spirit has not made the big leap to the Great White North yet. :) If you are up for the challenge then you could find a cheap seat sale with Air Canada or WestJet (or Sunwing, if it's the right season) to Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale and jump onto Spirit from there, however it can be a bit of a hassle (usually involving an overnight in the US) which then pretty much negates any savings you made by booking in that way.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you

Thanks for the post, because of it I was able to book 2 one way tickets from Montreal on October 25th for $159.canadian each.
What a deal, of course plus taxes but still only $469.canadian for 2 one way tickets tax included.
Thanks again.

Cantaloulou

Feb 19, 2008
GGGGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I wish I would have dropped in here before last week!!! I just bought a return trip in early october from Punta Cana to Montreal (but via Toronto) with Westjet for C$611. BUT, had I known about Air Canada, the trip would have cost me the same but with a direct flight!!!! Argh!!!!! GGGGGGGGgrrrrrrrrr!!!!:mad:

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks for posting - it's very helpful to know when cheap deals are available. I'd just like to pipe in about Sunwing. It's ok if you are just going on a week vacation, but not for much else. The bagage allowance is only 25kg total, and if you don't purchase additional weight (at $10/kg,) at the time you purchase your ticket, you will be charged at $20/Kg for each additional Kg. I had purchased a ticket that I needed last minute, and didnt realize the restriction until it was too late, I was charged $200 for 10kg over (I actually had 16kg total overweight, so some credit is due to the lady who helped me). Another thing with sunwing is that they do not include the tourist card or the departure tax - another U$30. Just something to take into account, if you need to bring 2 full suitcases, go with air canada (46Kg allowance) or westjet(64kg) allowance.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
westjet

Great sale on at westjet now for travel until december. I think it is still on for a few more days.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Spirit flies from an airport 10 minutes from my house, but we're going to drive three hours to JFK to get a direct AA flight. I originally booked our next trip on Spirit just not to deal with the long drive to NY, and soon regretted it. First of all I found out NO bags were included except a carry-on. You have to pay for each bag [and we're going for a month]. Then I found out if I wanted to choose my seat it's $12 per leg [4 total, round trip]. Then they changed my 3 hour layover in Fort Lauderdale to a 9 hour layover - in both directions. I called and cancelled the flights, and rebooked with AA for less money [$129 each way], direct flights, 2 bags each included, etc.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
you may have to search the dates and transfer in montreal, but it's there!

I have to thank you very much for your info.
When I saw that yesterday I went on the Air Canada site just to look for next season's prices... WOW I got a deal for 2 months (january 17 - March 21) at $710.82 all taxes included. I never has such a good price since 1999.
Muchas Gracias;)

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
I have to thank you very much for your info.
When I saw that yesterday I went on the Air Canada site just to look for next season's prices... WOW I got a deal for 2 months (january 17 - March 21) at $710.82 all taxes included. I never has such a good price since 1999.
Muchas Gracias;)

Forgot to mention that it's direct flight from Montreal to POP